Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Maybe Another ASE Sleeper

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 7,175Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1746 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the eBay bucks program but I only see the standard bonus for that listing. Usually, in order to get the bonus points, you have to click through a promotional message. I didn't get one this round -- but that could be because I click each one I get, and a couple of weeks ago, it was 2% (instead of the standard 1%) through the end of the month. It was almost certainly a reflex, and only afterwards did it occur to me that I might have locked myself out of bigger bonuses in the meantime. Lesson learned.

But for the rest of us, any applicable listing should show the same eBay bucks rate as long as whichever promotion is active.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  08:13 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are eligible when you go to ebay.com the changing banner at the top of the homepage will have a link to activate the offer (I got this one)...I don't get them all but this one I did get
Pillar of the Community
United States
2063 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm in the eBay bucks program but I only see the standard bonus for that listing. Usually, in order to get the bonus points, you have to click through a promotional message. I didn't get one this round -- but that could be because I click each one I get, and a couple of weeks ago, it was 2% (instead of the standard 1%) through the end of the month. It was almost certainly a reflex, and only afterwards did it occur to me that I might have locked myself out of bigger bonuses in the meantime. Lesson learned.

I din't realize they pick and choose buyers to get the bonus. That really stinks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2923 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a far from the level playing field for some who are selected to receive these E BUCKS........
Pillar of the Community
United States
4685 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2019  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting numbers there...definitely a decline. Maybe people are just not into spending tons of money over spot for these but the hardcore collectors.

Quote:
So is this a trending disinterest? If so, buying in the hopes of future expanded interest in collecting the whole series? Just wondering what the upside of buying these would be.

Quote:
2011 - 409,766
2012 - 226,120
2013 - 221,981
2014 - 253,169
2015 - 223,879
2016 - 216,501
2017 - 176,565
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  08:17 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW..the latest numbers of the "currently unavailable" 2018 W is 138,964 which is about 1000 higher than I expected but still 38k less than 2017.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok...now I am REALLY confused.

These went to zero available two weeks ago...

Numbers last week INCREASED by around 1000...a week after there were zero available

This week the number stayed the same BUT they are now available again.

Remember this is a common packaged 2018 coin...can't make anymore. Packaging is generic except for a COA and sticker on the package...

SOooooo..how did they add more than a thousand when there were none available and put it back on sale again
Edited by Foxwoods Man
03/20/2019 1:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting hmmm, maybe they just got a whole bunch of returns in a short span.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Returns shouldn't ELEVATE the numbers...and how could they get returns when they were not available...and "The Mint doesn't re-sell returns"...

Sorry..just frustrated
Edited by Foxwoods Man
03/20/2019 3:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and "The Mint doesn't re-sell returns".

Really!?!....I always assumed that's what was being sold, after some inspection, when an item went to CU. I understand your frustration now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3512 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint is currently showing these as available. It seems to me that current sales numbers may not be indicative of mintage.
Edited by jimbucks
03/22/2019 11:00 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup...thus my post of a couple of days ago. The points mentioned then:

...there were zero in stock...and now they are back in stock.

..when there were zero left, two weeks later the sales numbers increased by around a thousand with the item STILL being unavailable

...and now it is back in stock

Where did they come from? A 2018 item cannot mysteriously have more available unless more were minted in 2019 and that shouldn't happen

Remember, returns do not increase sales numbers..they decrease it

Edited by Foxwoods Man
03/22/2019 3:28 pm
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and "The Mint doesn't re-sell returns"...

I know they say they don't, but from "replacement" products I got a few years ago after returning some baseball dollars that were horrendous I am very skeptical of whether or not they actually follow that policy
Pillar of the Community
United States
3512 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A 2018 item cannot mysteriously have more available unless more were minted in 2019 and that shouldn't happen

They may have had many more made in 2018 and either held them back, and/or were waiting on packaging. The mint did this with 2005 silver proof sets; they released a lot more after the initial release was sold out which subsequently depressed the market. This scenario may repeat itself.
Edited by jimbucks
03/22/2019 4:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Re: replacement products. Whether they resell them or not it won't POSITIVELY affect the final numbers..not a factor in INCREASING them. Somebody buys 100 and returns them and someone else buys 100 then net result is nothing

RE: waiting on packaging...ummm, this is a 2018 item with generic packaging (only COA and a sticker is different) . The 2005 issue occurred during the release year

Something smells here....
Edited by Foxwoods Man
03/22/2019 5:09 pm
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 7,175Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05