Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Not Sure If It Would Be Ridiculous To Open These Or To Not Open These.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,125Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  03:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CarrCash to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone. Picked these up recently for face and I'm just wondering what the best thing to do with them is?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37194 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I think you may get a premium if not opened if you sell them on the bay.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
94382 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am too curious to not open them, but that is me.

If profit is your goal, then sell as is.

If prefer an adventure, then open them.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14608 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regardless of keeping or selling ; DO NOT open them .If you keep them for long term then make sure you put the rolls in proper storage .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1680 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "Restricted for Idaho Residents Only" label made me laugh.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CarrCash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I were to open them. What exactly would I be looking for?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3705 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If I were to open them. What exactly would I be looking for?

Depends who you got them from. Could be a bunch of slugs inside.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6872 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I can see (not from the OP) the typical ebay auction now:

L@@K SUPER RARE IDAHO ONLY COINS (Self dissolving?) L@@K!

BIN $1,000,000.00

Read the bank wrapper for yourself! These quarters are marked as being restricted to the state of Idaho and ONLY for Idaho RESIDENTS!

We don't know for sure, but suspect the mint built into these coins a dissolving agent with GPS tracker so that the coins will instantly disintegrate when used by anyone outside the state of Idaho. However, regardless of whether or not the rumors backing the the previous statement are true, we unconditionally guarantee these coins will remain whole for as long as they are keep in their official, special-printed, Idaho Residents Only government wrapper.

You remove them only at your own risk.

Once in a lifetime opportunity! Don't miss out!

No returns.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3705 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The "Restricted for Idaho Residents Only" label

Clearly, someone trying to get someone to bite on an aftermarket paper label. This one I would be really skeptical of what is really inside.

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CarrCash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got em from a coin shop who received them from an estate or something. They were gonna tun them all into the bank so I bought them instead. They didn't know what the Idaho ones were either haha.

Considering I'm already in California I am hoping they don't dissolve...
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CarrCash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Idaho ones have Idaho State Quarters showing and they look mint. Even tarnished from being exposed for 15ish years
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14608 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
L@@K SUPER RARE IDAHO ONLY COINS (Self dissolving?) L@@K!

BIN $1,000,000.00

I'm sure guys would make an offer for these .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man, I wish I had your luck and stumbled upon those!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3555 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless you are looking for errors, I would leave them in their packaging.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3555 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

You won't be laughing if you are caught taking those across state lines
Learn More...
United States
94382 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You won't be laughing if you are caught taking those across state lines
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,125Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05