Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Banknote Reporter - Worth Getting A Subscription?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9416 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  5:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm considering spending $23 for a subscription to Banknote Reporter. Considering that I could get a nice Slabbed Ike 69 for $23, is it worth spending the money or is it just going to be 90% ads?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34559 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The BNR is well worth the money, if only for its monthly Paper Money Market "Trends" section, which lists values for all small and large US notes in four grades, as well as nationals by type. Not as accurate a guide as, say, Heritage, but very convenient to use.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9416 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Coinfrog. I've been toying with a subscription for a while now but just haven't pulled the trigger.

Does the paper edition get you any online access as well?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34559 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Frankly I don't know (goofy old guy ). But just having the print edition open on my desk makes it easy to quickly flip through the 30-page Trends section for quick references. Couldn't do without it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9416 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You've made my decision pretty easy. Thanks again.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34559 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For two bucks a month, believe me you'll love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2894 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's only 2 bucks a month, so really nothing to lose. It used to have full page buy prices from a dealer, but that is a thing of the past.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9416 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the fast feedback, gents! Subscription order is out the door tomorrow...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9416 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my first issue today (well, technically my second, thanks Coinfrog). Glad I did -- thanks for the encouragement.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05