Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 West Point Premium Penny

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ask the people, who some have stated are minuscule as far as a percentage of the problematic coins, how they feel about the spots that were NOT there when received back from paying to have coins graded or checked out for perfect coins, only to find a year later about the spots that are there now.

To say that a percentage of some coins being affected by the lack of fully protecting any person's coins, is a complete failure of the profession, they represent. The simple fact that the third party graders could prevent and make the results a 100% avoidable policy by taking these steps, not a far stretch to ask of from the same people who are paying to see if their coins are PERFECT......... Sounds like people need to have more of an open mind in Our discussions, I mean, We are on a coin collecting forum, seeking advice by some, more experienced collectors for some to do things correctly............ NO?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11631 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
how they feel about the spots that were NOT there when received back from paying to have coins graded or checked out for perfect coins, only to find a year later about the spots that are there now.

You mean the ones caused by the mint? Very frustrating and it would be nice it the mints of the world could figure out the issue.

Quote:
To say that a percentage of some coins being affected by the lack of fully protecting any person's coins, is a complete failure of the profession, they represent.

Show me a single thing that's perfect by humans. Space shuttles crashed and they had the full backing of the federal government and 100s of billions of dollars put into their programs over the years. Everything has a defect/error rate, EVERYTHING.

Quote:
The simple fact that the third party graders could prevent and make the results a 100% avoidable policy by taking these steps, not a far stretch to ask of from the same people who are paying to see if their coins are PERFECT.........

False. First of all again EVERYTHING has a defect/error rate there is no such thing as a 100 percent rate besides death.

Also as I already stated they would absolutely increase the amount of dust and lint on the coins and dropping incidents so the "solution" to something that isn't even a problem in the first place you glove/mask guys are proposing would actually increase the incident rate.

Quote:
Sounds like people need to have more of an open mind in Our discussions, I mean, We are on a coin collecting forum, seeking advice by some, more experienced collectors for some to do things correctly............ NO?

Yes we are, which is why I am stressing the FACTS of the matter no matter how a couple people may feel. Open minds are for a matter of opinions like which eagle is the most beautiful or what was the best series ever made.

For black and white issues like this having an open mind for the sake of having an open mind does no one any good. As I said if some of you want to do it that way by all means knock yourselves out, but people who aren't doing it are not doing anything wrong or any harm to the coins. That is the part you guys are missing just because you think that it's doing some extra protection that it's not and are blaming TPGs for spotting that is a problem from the mint
Pillar of the Community
United States
1417 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wear cotton gloves for proofs and uncirculated coins. Clean hands are fine for circulated coins IMHO.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9265 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread has really taken a left turn. Last I checked it was about the 2019 W cent, not gloves vs. no gloves...debate.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe someone should a new thread about grading and gloves? My penny (cent) doesn't have any spots and looks PF68 or 69. I do wish they would have packaged it differently though.
Learn More...
United States
68289 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe someone should a new thread about grading and gloves?
I looked into splitting this replies into their own, but it would not be clean and some context will be lost in the two separate topics.

With that being said, let us stick to discussing the 2019 West Point Premium Cent from this point on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good to me! I guess if they want to continue the glove conversation they can start a new thread.
Learn More...
United States
68289 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3235 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine came today and looks pretty good. The packaging does not show off the coin well at all. The marks in these pictures are all from the packaging, not from the coin. It's not quite as sharp as the S mint cent in the proof set, but considering all of the problems with these, I'll take it.

Edited by KenKat
03/13/2019 7:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
668 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mine came today and looks pretty good. The packaging does not show off the coin well at all. The marks in these pictures are all from the packaging, not from the coin

My 2nd order came yesterday and the cent looks great; just like the first one. I was worried at first but once I jiggled the coin to a 'nice' place of the package it looked like another MS-70.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1160 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it looked like another MS-70.

But it should be a PF-70.
Learn More...
United States
68289 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4636 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still on the fence about ordering a proof set. It's just too large with the extra quarters. And it's a gamble on the quality of the W cent.
*Complete Canada 50 cent set 1953-present
*Complete Canada Toonie ($2) set 1996-present
*And just a mix of everything else!
Learn More...
United States
68289 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm still on the fence about ordering a proof set.
Poke. Poke.
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trobbi33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered a set to get the cent. I figured why not, it's a free, unique proof and I love Lincoln's. Even if it's not perfect, I'm going to be happy I have it. I'll be ordering the silver proof and uncirculated sets too. They suckered me into buying sets I wouldn't normally order
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05