Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jason W. Bradford Launches Legacy

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2019  5:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42673 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that. Let's hope he ups his game to PMG's level.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2019  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if Legacy will be accepted by ebay immediately since it really is just a rebrand of PCGS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4044 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question Celtic
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm actually more curious about Heritage and Stacks.

And, if collectors currently with PCGS registry sets will send their PCGS notes in to Legacy for crossover.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add babysitr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like having all my hometown nationals in the same holders.....He messed that up! don't know what I will do. at this point, I may submit to PMG...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One day, I wish...

A PM registry that accepted all top-tier graded notes as sets.

I'm guessing the assessment of top-tier would be highly controversial.
Edited by SteveInTampa
02/21/2019 6:13 pm
Learn More...
United States
79134 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm guessing the assessment of top-tier world be highly controversial.
You think?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42673 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's bound to be some fallout from this, but perhaps starting over is the only way he can rebuild PCGS Currency's tarnished image. Several of the best LCSs in my area have been unwilling to submit to them for the last couple of years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of the notes submitted within the last six months to PCGS currency, and not already returned, will come back in Legacy holders. If this is not satisfactory for the submitter, they can get their notes and payment back. Unfortunately, wait times at PCGS has been a problem going back for some time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42673 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of things at PCGS have been a problem for some time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  02:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish Jason success. A healthy collector market needs a minimum of at least two top tier third party grading companies.
On a different forum, there's a thread with at least a dozen different TPG holders posted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add babysitr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish him the best also, with good business practice, he can bring it back quickly,and be accepted...guess he will stay in Illinois....that alone is scary!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I emailed Dustin Johnston ( Heritage) and asked about Legacy Currency Grading notes being accepted and auctioned through their auction site, and this was the short response.

Thank you for your inquiry. At this early date no decision has been made yet. I appreciate your interest in Heritage Auctions.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I emailed Dustin Johnston ( Heritage) and asked about Legacy Currency Grading notes being accepted and auctioned through their auction site, and this was the short response.

Thank you for your inquiry. At this early date no decision has been made yet. I appreciate your interest in Heritage Auctions.

Well, let's see: I believe Laura (formerly PCGS VP) now works for Heritage. Maybe that will help acceptance(?)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would hope the brain trust over at Legacy would have done their homework and already approached the auction houses with their plans. I'm guessing this has already been decided and/or negotiated.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05