Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Johann Albrecht I Duke Of Mecklenburg

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
22149 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  6:47 pm Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
AR Sechsling
Johann Albrecht I
1525-1576
Obverse: crowned Lion in shield
Reverse: Cross with letters V T I O
Legend IOHANN ALBERT DEL GRA DVX ME GAF
Dated 1552
Ref: Kunzel 105 ib

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_..._Mecklenburg
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10338 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice dated German states coin. Are you sure that the shield has a lion on it? I always thought it was a cow...
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
4082 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition, Ron.
Learn More...
United States
22149 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My mistake it's actually a Bull. Thanks guys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5430 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Ron! You've been on a roll with the medievals lately
New Sale! Inexpensive classic Greek silver, over 2,400 years old!

http://goccf.com/t/323297
Learn More...
United States
22149 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been trying to build a small collection of medievals.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1204 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good looking addition Ron!...

Spookily has the same birth date as me minus a few years..

Paul
Pillar of the Community
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice add!
Looks like you're starting to gear up for participating in the "How Far Back" thread when it reaches the 1500s
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05