Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Ship Notes

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 489 / Views: 25,028Next Topic
Page: of 33
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1488 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoyed eye balling that RSA 10 Rand 'Caletan.' I also liked the examples you added 'IGE' (some of them I have).

Here's one I've wanted for a while & found at a reasonable price, a 5 Rupee P-30b from the tiny island nation of Mauritius. The islands are off the coast of Madagascar in the middle of the Indian Ocean. With a population of just over a million, these notes can be hard to source (esp in higher grades). This last series featuring QEII, which reminds me of the Seychelles series, started in 1967-68 for the (a) notes. They had a second print release (with new signatures) again from 1972-73 (b & example below). The majority of notes come from the last (C) version which were produced between 1973-1982. Watching for them, I saw about 3-4 times as many c version as a & b combined.

Fun fact, the previously thought "extinct" dodo bird was discovered on the islands & is featured on the coat of arms (below "Five Rupees")
Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauritius
Edited by walk2dwater
08/29/2021 09:30 am
Learn More...
United States
106340 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1488 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-thank 'jbuck' I have been searching for more notes from this tiny island nation & haven't seen a thing since.

Here's another note with two boats from another tiny island nation, Fiji. It's from the back of their $5.00 (P-78a):

Edited by walk2dwater
10/24/2021 11:35 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
858 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three vessels of various sizes in the same picture. Actually bought it for the train on the other side, but the "sea side" is nice too.

China 1914, 1 yuan, Bank of Communications.

Learn More...
United States
106340 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's another note with two boats from another tiny island nation, Fiji. It's from the back of their $5.00 (P-78a):

Quote:
China 1914, 1 yuan, Bank of Communications.
Nice examples!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
858 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one isn't too bad either, can't see exactly how many ships and boats there are - 8, 9? Also bought because of the trains on the other side.

China 1941, 50 yuan, Bank of Communications.

Learn More...
United States
106340 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
China 1941, 50 yuan, Bank of Communications.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
108 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Orac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an old Irish note with a sailing ship in the distance on it.
Learn More...
United States
106340 Posts
Page: of 33 Previous TopicReplies: 489 / Views: 25,028Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: