Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My 1 St 2017 "Munchkin" Ten Dollar Bill !

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4443 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2019  9:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've seen a few of the Secretary "Munchkin" $1 bills the past few months but this is my first 'higher' denomination note I've seen with his signature.

My wife just handed it to me as she was unpacking from her recently completed trip to Japan. I'm guessing she probably got it from a forex currency exchange shop. I'll quiz her about it tomorrow when she wakes up!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8035 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2019  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely in the "small size" currency catagory.

Nice note.
My favorite album!

Image hosting is provided by CCF.
Thank you for your generosity!

World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36764 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2019  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mnuchin's signature hardly ranks with the great ones.
Learn More...
United States
72310 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4443 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Followup - - -

I checked with the wife this morning and the world traveler says she did not have it when she left the US back in March. She also said she did not buy anything here in the US with cash when she got back stateside on Saturday.

So, thinks she probably got the note at a foreign exchange or bank in Japan before she left. It is still crisp new with no folds. It's now in a currency sleeve and added to my "ten" collection!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9702 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup... looks to be in pretty good shape.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5096 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll look out for these. I get a few US bills as tips in my work as a tour guide, and I got my very first 'Munchkin' $1 today!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9702 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet!

I'm still on the hunt for crisp examples for my album, in any denomination.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05