Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Deer, OH Deer, OH Deer!

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 630 / Views: 33,112Next Topic
Page: of 42
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6106 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still think that $20 for less than 8 grams of silver more than covers for the cost of using a credit card for the purchase.

@wannabfree: I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about the credit card fees that the RCM had to pay to CC companies for each purchase. I was referring to scenarios like the following:

A customer buys 50 of the $20 coins from the RCM for $1,000. Their credit card provides them with a generous 5% cash back on all purchases. So, they receive $50 from the CC company based on their purchase. They would then take all 50 coins to their bank and deposit them for a $1,000 account credit. The banks then redeemed them with the RCM which not only lost money on the transaction but also no longer earned the seigniorage it expected on the coins when they were sold. (The difference between the intrinsic value of the silver in each coin, plus the costs of producing/marketing it, and the $20 face value/selling price represents the seigniorage.) When the number of folks doing this grew to the point that many tens of thousands of the coins were being returned, the RCM stopped issuing new coins in the series.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2021 South Africa
1oz 999 Fine Silver Krugerrand Coin

-
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2021 South Africa 1oz 999 Fine Silver Krugerrand Coin
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1973 South Africa.
2 cents.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1994 Tanzania.
100 Shilingi

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1971 Canada
Dollar
1871-1971 British Columbia.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6106 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my all-time favorite coins from Canada is its 2009 80th Anniversary of Canada in Japan $5 Silver Coin which marked 80+ years of friendship between the two countries.

The coin's commemorative reverse design is fully allegorical - a favorite design approach for me - using local flora and fauna to represent each country -- a white-tailed deer and maple tree for Canada (at right), and a shika deer and cherry blossom tree for Japan. The two deer stand side-by-side, to symbolize the friendly, harmonious relations between the two countries. To the left of the shika deer is seen the Japanese character "Wa" which translates into English as "harmony."

2009 Canada-Japan 80th Anniversary of Friendship $5 Silver Coin

You can read my full post on the coin here:

- 2009 Canada-Japan Silver $5 Coin.

Other of my posts about commemorative coins and medals can be found at: Read More: Commems Collection.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1971 Republica de Chile.
5 Escudos.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1985 South Africa.
20 cents.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Page: of 42 Previous TopicReplies: 630 / Views: 33,112Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05