Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dansco 7125 Roosevelt Dime Album Restock?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  12:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anybody have any insight as to when Dansco will restock their 7125 Roosevelt dime album? Seems like everybody has been out of stock for some time now.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10109 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't but if you're not hung up on new in shrink wrap, try ebay or your LCS. Usually you can get "gently used" (empty of course) albums for cheap. I've purchased quite a few that way. Most collectors take very good care of their albums so you can find some nearly blemish-free ones if you look around a bit.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3531 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  04:39 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no proof, just hearsay but from what I understand Dansco is having financial difficulties. Hopefully they get it figured out and get things back to normal.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
4303 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dansco doesn't re-issue albums very often.
Look at the 7070.
I think they finally re-issued it but it took years and many requests.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can ask them directly...

Dansco Corporation
(323) 734-6373
4313 W Jefferson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016

For what it is worth, my solution to Dansco's problems...

http://goccf.com/t/326395&whichpage=3#2940534
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3531 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  11:20 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What an awesome idea jbuck. I copied and pasted here from the link you provided.

Quote:
I have said this once, twice, oh, at least three times...

Dansco probably feels burdened by the low margin coin album business (compared to their corporate jobs). They probably have no problem making them, they just do not want to maintain (update pages, new series, etc.), market, and distribute them.

So they should just license the name to Whitman and let them do all the boring design, marketing, and support stuff. Dansco will make the albums for Whitman (to their specifications, like updated pages to add all the fun things the Mint is throwing at us). Then Whitman will have a premium MADE IS USA album line to offer its distribution channel.
Edited by chafemasterj
04/16/2019 11:43 am
Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got an e-mail this afternoon, it said that Album production has been temporarily shut down.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4469 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Valued Member
Canada
399 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been wanting to add page 4 of the 7125 since the beginning of the year. It looks like I'll have to continue waiting.

BTW, what else does Dansco do besides coin albums? Those albums are not cheap. I would have thought it was a fairly high margin business.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4469 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got an e-mail this afternoon, it said that Album production has been temporarily shut down.

The next question is why? Give us the e-mail address you used.
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 30 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BTW, what else does Dansco do besides coin albums?
I have read they make custom bindings for corporate reports, but I do not have a primary source for that (only second hand).

Quote:
Those albums are not cheap. I would have thought it was a fairly high margin business.
Supposedly (again, no primary source) they are hand made with minimal automation, which raises costs. I think the bigger issue is the costs outside of actually making the albums. That is, marketing, research, design, and all of the other things that go into determining what to make. I think they would be happier just making albums to spec just like those corporate binders.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18665 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At a coin show last Sunday a dealer that specializes in coin collecting stuff, has now changed to Whitman for albums and Folders due to unavailability with Dansco. And he said they sell twice as fast. I use Whitman for almost all my Albums.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3531 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure Dansco is loosing a considerable market share by not having stock available.

I had just changed to Dansco for some of my albums. Guess I have Whitman in my future.

Curious if Littleton still makes coin albums and if they are good about stock and updates?
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The next question is why? Give us the e-mail address you used.

Sorry guys, I should have made this clearer, I contacted some of the places I buy my supplies from, and this is what they told me. One place said their 7125 albums have been on backorder for over a year, and when inquiring about them, this is what Dansco told them.

That's ok, I am going to switch to Whitman Albums, I don't want to wait for production to start up again.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05