Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Bet You Have Never Seen A Nice Cameo Proof 1939 Cent Like This Before.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,454Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
206 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  7:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's a real stunner! Had to hold myself back from bidding on this one. "for the avid collector"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1939-S-Brn...AOSwYu1csSnm
Edited by Andy Herkimer
04/26/2019 7:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2724 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a stunning coin! Apparently it even has a VAM attribution!
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hehe the luster! the sheen! placing a bid now
Pillar of the Community
United States
3708 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eye popping!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53678 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reported, but let's see what happens. I don"t have Bobby's clout.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53678 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for this, Andy.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly Coinfrog, eBay is so full of them lol. I usually just skip past them but that one was a real stunner lol. It is annoying because it makes browsing harder than it should be, but they do give you a good laugh sometimes. Here is another.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1939-Linco...AOSww4Jcey6z
Pillar of the Community
United States
938 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if you are serious about this. Many warning signs. The obvious being that it is NOT a proof coin. That was reserved for the Philadelphia mint only. Next, the grade this seller attached. It is a very-fine at best, not gem uncirculated. Nor does it have a cameo contrast. I won't go on because, hopefully, you'll see that it would be wise to pass this one by. In fact, run!

This is a real 1939 cameo proof. Rare and pricey as such.

By the way,
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Pillar of the Community
United States
3708 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget this same seller's not 1, not 2, but 3 of the rare 1919-VDB. No that's not a typo.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1919-VDB-L...AOSwAb1ctNc6

Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It ok Jimbucks, it says "THIS IS NOT A SCAM" right there in the description lol.
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No ballyhoo, it's my attempt at Friday night humor lol.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17899 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, I certainly haven't!

OP's coin maybe for the rabid collector, but not for the avid collector.
Edited by sel_69l
04/26/2019 9:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3708 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They would sell faster if he added "sold out at the mint".
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MJD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously, it comes from a parallel universe, where San Francisco started making proofs in 1938 instead of 1968, and "deep cameo" translates to "dull and worn"!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53678 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crooks like this need to be dealt with harshly. Not a laughing matter
Pillar of the Community
United States
1994 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice job reporting. Only wish I got here early enough to have witnessed this "stunner" but I'm guessing it's nothing I'll really miss.
Apparently it only took two (2) minutes between coinfrog posting it had been reported to his thanks to Andy. Pretty good response time.

EDIT: It was gone when making the original reply. Well Done.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Edited by Petespockets55
04/27/2019 06:10 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,454Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05