Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just A Fun Photo Of Work Ahead Of Me:

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  4:28 pm Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Nothing exciting, anything in particular. But together it makes a fun photo!
Learn More...
United States
22478 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pile, I remember when I bought large lots of uncleaned coins. These look already cleaned and ready for sale.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2297 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have fun searching and identifying. It looks like there could be a nice mixture of types in your bowl.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
4326 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Enjoy!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39241 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa! Have fun!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12427 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like good work for a summer intern.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gtkwml to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How many kilos did you buy?
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(To answer your question, that is years of coins I keep pushing aside as I gravitate to nicer coins from lots. I just put them all together and I am finally being brave and dealing with them all at once.)

Folks, if you ever meet someone who thinks all ancients are fakes, just show them that photo. Countless coins, all different with different layers of encrustation, and not at all expensive to get. If an artist was asked to make each, unique, and then age them carefully they would charge you probably $200 each and they still would not look half as nice as the real very inexpensive coins. That is why I love this field. So few collectors and thousands of years of coins in the ground for us to mess around with! You will never catch me going crazy over a modern nickel with a small flaw everyone is salivating about in all the coin clubs that are 99.9% populated by US coin collectors who chase after rare error coins that look all the same to me.
Edited by louisvillekyshop
04/28/2019 6:58 pm
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You call that work? Heh heh!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If boggles the mind how many ancient coins have survived. Man, if those coins could talk.
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2019  06:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pilegicvs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A free mystery coin from the bowl with every order?

(Could I have the "K" coin on the right?)

Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2019  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add museumguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The most interesting artifact in your photo is the PHONE, cord and all. Haven't seen one of those babies in a while! LOL!

Steve S.
Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2019  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The most interesting artifact in your photo is the PHONE, cord and all. Haven't seen one of those babies in a while! LOL!

I believe that was Julius Caesars phone. And his lamp.

Nice bowl of coins by the way.
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2019  10:20 am  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The phone is just on Spectrum Cable bundle with cable / Internet / home phone and works fine. I know they say the old spark system when you dial is not supposed to work with modern digital cable but it dials out just fine so I never changed it.

People don't realize how much they lost with getting rid of land lines and only using wireless. We on land lines can both speak at the same time like you are in a room and we both hear each other. People on wireless often have to wait for each other to finish and the whole dynamic of the conversation changes. It is like the younger generation elected to go back to ship to ship "Ahoy" and they think they are so much more modern. Always found that weird. Cell phones are great if you are traveling of course. But not for job interviews etc. Like at work when a phone interview is done and we are all sitting around listening the person calling in trying to get the job. The person who calls in on a cell phone we mark down subconsciously as they just did not sound very easy to talk to. The land line people alway have the advantage.
Edited by louisvillekyshop
04/29/2019 10:26 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I completely agree about the phone. I dislike talking on the phone, but when I have to, the landline is so much easier.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That said ... your phone is still a dinosaur. I don't even see a speed dial button.
Edited by Jadey
04/30/2019 3:12 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05