Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Washington Quarter Off-Center Strikes.....

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,711Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  7:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
....or forced Broadstrike. Let's compare.

Edited by USSID18
05/04/2019 7:50 pm
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have any, but I would like to say that the one you have is a great example! Was it a purchase?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53678 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa, fantastic! Can't believe there will be many others, but hope I'm wrong!
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was it a purchase?

No. I was just telling some friends, that I told my wife and kids to keep an eye out for 2019-W Washington quarters. My daughter surprised me last week and dropped of 3 boxes of quarter at the house. No 2019-W's but this popped out! I was shocked, I still am!! It's hard to believe it's been in circulation all this time. I'm wondering what the chances are someone from the Great American Coin Hunt throw it back.
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Definitely a find of a lifetime! It's very rare to find these usually. Most likely it was intentionally spent for the Great American Coin Hunt.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It also must have gone through the coin rolling/wrapping machine. After I opened it and found, I looked closely at the wrapper. It didn't look deformed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
703 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My '83-P off center is not nearly as impressive as yours!

You have a stellar example!

Looking to upgrade these dates for my Kennedy Dansco album: http://goccf.com/t/383320
Edited by ElonU
05/04/2019 9:34 pm
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ElonU, still a great example!
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My '83-P off center is not nearly as impressive as yours!

But yours is still nice. How did you acquire/find it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
703 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@USSID18....

I'm pretty sure I bought it from a CCF member in a lot along with blank planchet Jefferson, clipped Jefferson, MAD Jefferson and a clipped Lincoln. I may have the details of the lot incorrect as it's been a couple years.
Looking to upgrade these dates for my Kennedy Dansco album: http://goccf.com/t/383320
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ElonU- !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2944 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't really collect off center coins but have sold off rather a lot of these. Still have maybe 5 or 6 minor O/C or broadstrikes sitting around, but here is the only one I actually have in my collection.

2001 North Carolina State Quarter - Off Center 40% (9.6/24.2mm)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2944 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the 1978 that has this thread linked in its thread (shouldn't that have been the other way around?)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2944 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the 1983's I sold off.

Pillar of the Community
United States
703 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy cow tropicalbats! That NC quarter is pretty serious....totally diggin' that one!

Being a NC native, I'd love to find something like that for my PC!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2944 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  12:11 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well ya can't have the one in my collection, and the only other NC I could find was this tilted Collar, which you can have if you want it. PM me.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,711Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05