Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poll: What Us Small Cent Design Is Your Favorite?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19052 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lincoln Cents are just to plain and just one of the many President face coins we have. Flying Eagles are just not really a good representative of USA. And that is why I voted for Indian cents.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  11:35 am  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Check HoboNickelCarver's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your vote and comments Carl. Currently the Indian Head cents are leading by just one vote.
Pillar of the Community
United States
952 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was a tough choice but the eagle is just so majestic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
829 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had to choose, I'd pick FE first. Something majestic about the eagle. I like the IHC too. Maybe my low placement of the Lincoln cent is due to that fact that is all I've ever used in everyday life. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good point squirrel... thats my rationale. I like the IHC the best because 1. I'm bored of Lincoln cents because its all I grew up with, so FE and IHC cents have a novelty to them.
2. I do prefer the IHC design- the portrait fills more of the space on the coin, and is more imposing. It represents Lady Liberty which, in my opinion, is one of the best ways to represent America (even though Lincoln is almost a unanimously revered president nowadays, he still was a political figure that did not represent everyone's interests at the time of his presidency).
The eagle is such a powerful image and symbol of America, but personally I think it looks a bit crowded where the wing tip extends in between the "OF" and "AMERICA" motto
Learn More...
United States
82324 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lincoln cents are getting left behind. In the Modern forum. Go figure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2184 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be nice if the IHC had the Eagle as a reverse.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Check HoboNickelCarver's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm amazed at how close this is.
The Flying Eagle And Indian Head cents are neck and neck.
Learn More...
United States
82324 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2019  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Check HoboNickelCarver's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if anyone else will be voting or not,
but the Indian Head cent looks to be the winner by 3 votes.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12434 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2019  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IHC has my vote!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3147 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2019  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sitting on the fence. I like the Wheat reverse better than the IHC reverse. So can we mix and match?
Learn More...
United States
82324 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  10:01 am  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Check HoboNickelCarver's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Flying Eagle cent has just overtaken The Indian Head cent by just one vote.
I'm amazed at how close these two designs are in the voting.
Learn More...
United States
82324 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Flying Eagle cent has just overtaken The Indian Head cent by just one vote.

Quote:
I'm amazed at how close these two designs are in the voting.

Abe never had a chance.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05