Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Czech Commemorative Strike 1967 Official Or Private?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
2087 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  11:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add austrokiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
does anyone know about this coin/medal? I was intrigued by it and made it mine. It couldn't find it in world coins. It purports to commemorate the first Joachimsthal guldengroschen but at best is just inspired by it. The "coin" is almost as thin and the same diameter as an Austrian restrike 4 ducat. I don't know what the alloy is( I assume silver)
Edited by austrokiwi
05/13/2019 11:41 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
946 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are also made in China for about $1.77 and yours could be one that has the word "copy" wiped out.
Might be found under Hungary- just something to consider.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2488 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
946 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes close- but different. The Numista piece is better made.
Pillar of the Community
2087 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add austrokiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes close- but different. The Numista piece is better made.

I don't understand the comment. Clearly, the Numista piece and mine are made from the same dies, right down to the 1967 date on the reverse( at 4 O'clock. That numista link's a good help... my example was purchased in Prague
Pillar of the Community
United States
946 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could be wrong. Maybe it's just the difference on brightness, contrast, focus, gamma and saturation. Parts of both coins just look different.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05