Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Crumbling Silvers Prices .

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15545 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a nearly a kilo of world junk silver coin accumulated over perhaps 30 years or more.

I haven't really bothered with the melt value, over the period of 30 years, I have sailed straight through the peak and trough bullion silver prices, almost completely oblivious to their fluctuations.

Same applies to the value of my house, you buy and sell in a low market, you sell and buy in a high market.
Valued Member
United States
315 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2019  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today silver is about 5% above the recent bottom.
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add everything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People who are selling silver at these prices may need dollars. OR, they've seen the longer range estimate for silver and figure they can buy back at same prices later, and/or maybe a future dip that is very favorable.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2109 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll wait...it will go lower.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3701 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Point where premiums make up the difference it it drops below $14.

As usual.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
315 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The recent bump back up is supposedly because of the chance of the Fed lowering their rate.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16938 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silver has been a big disappointment. I did a 50/50 silver/gold investment in 2008, wish I had gone all in gold now.
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check beem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add beem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Silver has been a big disappointment. I did a 50/50 silver/gold investment in 2008, wish I had gone all in gold now.

You just saying this makes me want to go buy some more silver.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15545 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree: buy in gloom, sell in doom.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3701 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should've sold in 2011.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16938 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My crystal ball was inoperative back in 2011.
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My crystal ball was inoperative back in 2011.

But it's working now, so give us the scoop!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16938 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2019  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But it's working now, so give us the scoop!

Still can't find batteries for it. But with the GS ratio still widening, now 93.41 silver to gold, I'm really loosing faith in silver. If that ratio falls a bit I'm bailing and trading it all for gold.
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2019  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The amount of money I have in silver, and gold, as a percentage of my total net worth seems to be constantly dropping despite buying more. Mainly due to the S&P climbing faster than silver by a long shot. I keep a low percentage of my money in silver and gold and probably on a 50-50 ratio, more because I like both the silver and gold coins I have.

But now the question: is a tube of 10 2oz Queen's Beast Tudor Falcons an investment or a collection? Or both? I like looking at how my mutual funds are doing but it isn't really the same
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3701 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2019  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ jaxenro. Of course It isn't the same. You're comparing paper, or digital numbers, to physical commodities.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05