Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flying Eagle & Indian Cent Proof Thread

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 215 / Views: 13,774Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
United States
827 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This 1883 should be in the mail tomorrow. I was sent the pictures..these pictures from the seller....and I said ship it! The colors look to be spectacular. I'll add a couple more shots once it comes in. It appears his lens was a little dirty

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
03/20/2020 8:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2911 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to stop coming to this thread, I drool too much.
Pillar of the Community
United States
827 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is one better one...made me drool. I bow to that complete set and the proofs within.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2911 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DoctorBunzy, I would be happy just having one of your coins!! I just don't comment as they are all wow. I want to say this is the prettiest I've seen and then you post a prettier one. You have a great eye for coins!
Pillar of the Community
United States
827 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks hfjacinto, but I have to say there is many a time when someone is sending me in the right direction. There's a few dealers that send me picks of proofs they see at shows or come across and as they do... I get first dibs to buy or not...This one was an easy sell.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
03/20/2020 9:38 pm
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2020  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add benv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DoctorBurnzy, those are spectacular colors on that 1883!
Pillar of the Community
United States
827 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2020  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the previous page Benv I got a raw 1883 recently with great colors......I've seen some proof 67 for 1883 that had great colors which I missed out on and I've bought and sold some raw 1883 over the last 10 years with this date with great color.......There are a lot of colorful brown examples for pf IHC 1883...but this is the best I've ever seen for a pf 65 for 1883.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
03/21/2020 1:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1302 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2020  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great color on that one Doc!!
Learn More...
United States
94382 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
827 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an 1885 raw IHC proof which should be in the mail today. I found the coin on another site and tried to track down the seller through other means. In my search I found the seller on CCF. The proof has a lamination error on the reverse as well as doubling of the date. The color of this coin somewhat matches my 1885 proof Seated Liberty quarter so it was truly an easy decision.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
03/25/2020 09:09 am
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are absolutely stunning! What a cool (and expensive) collection you must have.

Jasper
Learn More...
United States
94382 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is an 1885 raw IHC proof which should be in the mail today.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
love all the colorful ones
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mamastinky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DoctorBurnzy, I believe that the lamination looks perhaps slightly more peeled since the photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
827 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received Mamastinky. Exactly what I was looking for with regards to lamination and color!
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 215 / Views: 13,774Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05