Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flying Eagle & Indian Cent Proof Thread

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 201 / Views: 11,192Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I made this pickup online the other day. It should be arriving in a few days. It's an upgrade but I sure like the coin it replaces just as much if not a tad more. 1881 O.K. Corral set upgrade to be long in the making. piece number 3. I'll add a couple closeups when it arrives. These are the seller's photos and they are a bit dark.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
03/29/2020 4:04 pm
Learn More...
United States
86174 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I made this pickup online the other day. It should be arriving in a few days
Excellent!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47876 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful addition to your super collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1266 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another great looking proof Doc!
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. @Coinfrog @jbuck @ AcesKings. I actually found another 1881 and 1905 I like. I need the seller to send me some additional photos......one at a time though.... That aside this one caught my eye immediately.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was drying my hair when I thought I heard the doorbell. I looked outside and saw the mail carrier driving off.....I was at said point "a man with a mission." I chased him down for the required signature....They never come this early. It was a new postal carrier. Here are some pics.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
04/01/2020 10:07 am
Learn More...
United States
86174 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was drying my hair when I thought I heard the doorbell. I looked outside and saw the mail carrier driving off.....I was at said point "a man with a mission." I chased him down for the required signature....They never come this early. It was a new postal carrier. Here are some pics.
Mission accomplished.

Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this one on a coin site I've never visited before. The first photo is what the seller had shown on their site. I was interested in it just based on that alone. I did a little google and bing image search for proofs and came across the second photo which basically solidified it for me. 1905 PCGS PF66 BN. I locked in a first payment this morning. Let me know what you think. I'll update it with better shots if I can when it arrives may be a couple weeks. #QuarantineCoins!!

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
04/03/2020 6:56 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47876 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's really a great-looking coin, most impressed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coinfrog. This may takeover my number 1 slot for my favorite proof IHC. That will be determined once in hand, but it does look like it has potential to do so. The array of colors definitely drew me to it.
Learn More...
United States
86174 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47876 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't see any distracting flecks or uneven coloring of any kind. Love it, best proof you've ever shown, imo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a proof 1907 in an older holder I just picked up from a dealer out west a couple hours ago. It should be in the mail in a few days. I also have an 1890 that came in a few days ago. If I can locate the flashdrive I'll show it tonight and if not hopefully tomorrow. But for now here's the 1907 pf IHC. Seller's photos. Let me know what you think...

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
04/17/2020 9:03 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47876 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2020  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your fascination with "not-quite" proofs continues to amaze me. I bought many of these over a long span, never broke even on any of them. Seriously.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2020  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know this one isn't a slam dunk, but I do like the colors in the headress and at the bottom of the wreath. It's not a fully-toned one as I would like, but I still find it appealing. I just like them all it seems though.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
04/17/2020 9:43 pm
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 201 / Views: 11,192Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05