Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flying Eagle & Indian Cent Proof Thread

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 259 / Views: 20,512Next Topic
Page: of 18
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69004 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Knockout coin for sure!
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2022  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinczar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous set. I love the colors that the Indian head proofs have. Extremely attractive and unique to that set of coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1359 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just picked this one up at a local show. This one gives me my first run of dates, from 1890-1893!!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69004 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Handsome example, congrats!
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just picked this one up at a local show. This one gives me my first run of dates, from 1890-1893!!
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
960 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup!
Pillar of the Community
United States
960 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The slab stated tooled but I thought it was perfect for me given there was a mintage of 960.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
06/23/2022 11:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just came upon this topic, and I'm amazed at the beautiful proofs on display here! As some other commenters have mentioned, I find the coloring on some of toned proof Indian Head cents to be absolutely spectacular. The electric blues, magentas, and other colors can just look fabulous on a nice proof example, and gives such individual character to each coin.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The slab stated tooled but I thought it was perfect for me given there was a mintage of 960.
Looks very nice to me!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5121 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Hokie, don't start another collection until you finish the fractionals
Pillar of the Community
United States
697 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that 1871 a proof? If it is, it is a very scarce subvariety with a bold N reverse. I can't tell from the pics, but it doesn't look like your other proofs as far as surfaces go.
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FlyingTiger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
High grade Indian pennys are awesome.So are high grade Buffalo nickels with a little rainbow glow are to.Nice collection!
Pillar of the Community
United States
960 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@RedRaider Yes, it is a proof. PCGS PR Genuine Tooled AU-Detail. This one made it into circulation for a bit.
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome coin and color.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1359 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition Doc!!!
Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 259 / Views: 20,512Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: