Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flying Eagle & Indian Cent Proof Thread

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Interesting streaking - is that an alloy issue?

Yes, it has typical wood grain toning. I believe that it's thought to be caused by improper mixing of the metals in the planchets. The reverse has a light haze over the wood grain toning, probably from whatever it sat on prior to being sent in for grading.

Quote:
I think our 1890 proofs may have been hoarded and kept back then in the same place.

More likely, the same planchet stock. Yours seems to have much more intense wood graining than mine, VERY nice look.

Next up, one of my more recent purchases....

Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a real nice one too. I like the color in the headdress and the tint at the bottom of the wreath. There's an 1892 on GC right now ending this on Sunday that I have a bid on, but I think it's going to go for much higher than I want to spend.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/21/2019 10:18 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40277 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surprised that proof planchets would not have been sorted more carefully.
Learn More...
United States
76009 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Next up, one of my more recent purchases....
Beautiful!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There's an 1892 on GC right now ending this on Sunday that I have a bid on,

Don't buy them all up Doc, leave a few for the rest of us!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40277 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unusual coloring on that one - looks like a piece of mahogany!
Learn More...
United States
76009 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I try to leave the brown ones alone.......but sometimes that doesn't happen either. That 1893 is nice too. I like it when the colors really show up in the headdress like that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont own a single proof IHC. Wish I did!
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One more for now.... (Show coming up on the first of June )

Learn More...
United States
76009 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One more for now....
Excellent!

Quote:
Show coming up on the first of June
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/23/2019 6:28 pm
Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collectinsince65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the thread Doc!
Awesome collection.
I have a favorite picked.
Sure you do too.
Which is it?
Mike
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mike, I really like the 1881 PCGS and the ultra colorful 1905 PCGS.......but I have to go with the 1903 NGC BN63. The colors this coin gives off on the rims obverse/reverse are spectacular. I didn't even care how many scratches were on the holder when I came across it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2452 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my Bronze 1863 Indian (Judd-199). Proof 62.

Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05