Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where Is The Best Place Online To Buy/Sell Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2373 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  7:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Im sure we have been over this one...

if I want to sell I figure right here on CCF would be my best bet?
im getting sick of ebay, with all the fees. I think I can find some deals, but most people include the ebay/paypal fees into the cost of the coins...

as far as purchasing, what would give me the best deals for example, getting silver close to or at spot, or certified coins at FMV...?

thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12735 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
CCF would be my best bet

The only coins that I have ever sold were bought here by some of our members. I was satisfied with those transactions. Why not give it a shot?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For good deals on buying certified coins, I turn first to the auctions where it is often is possible to purchase for well under retail and sometimes even below wholesale. I like Heritage, personally. David Lawrence, Stacks Bowers, Great Collections, and for very well financed, Legend. All are well regarded.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7739 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on what you're buying. eBay will have pretty much everything, but fees force sellers to be a little high on the prices. Haritage is also good if you're looking fo slabbed coins. Even if you aren't planning to buy anything, you should make a Haritage account. It's free, and it allows you to see the sale price of every coin they have sold over the past decade.
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12373 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's no one answer to this. For buying it depends what you're looking for. Moderns, classic, world, world moderns, ancients etc can all have different answers, but like it or not unless you're talking about high end coins eBay is still going to be the biggest source in most cases. That said as a buyer you're only hurting yourself if you don't check all available sources

As far as selling again it will depend on what it is. Different things do better on different venues and in some cases you can leave a lot on the table using a venue who just doesn't have the buyers for that material. You also have to consider that the auction houses will have higher fees as well unless you have a very substantial consignment where you can negotiate those fees away.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12373 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Even if you aren't planning to buy anything, you should make a Haritage account. It's free, and it allows you to see the sale price of every coin they have sold over the past decade.

Just remember that with those prices it's not the all in price as buyers have to pay shipping and handling from the auction houses whereas with eBay you basically have to offer free shipping which we all know isn't really free.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05