Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ant Infested Uncirculated Sets

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18052 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would send that stuff back with a nasty note. What a horror story.
just carl
Valued Member
Canada
67 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lakeman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Package the little buggers back in the box and seal it tight. Return to sender! SO discouraging.. wow....
Learn More...
United States
72097 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh My!

I have not received mine yet. I just ordered it yesterday with the American Legion dollar and medal set. I will be watching.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1496 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Biedercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put the actual coins in an airtight tin and doused the cardboard packaging with most of the ants in RAID. I'd like to return the whole god-awful mess back to the United States Mint but I'm afraid they'd consider it an act of terrorism.

Does anybody do certifications for insect infested varieties? I hope they're rare but I fear not. ANACS perhaps? AIACS? American Entomology Society?

- About two score and seven+ years ago, I began a Lincoln cent collection. I have all, most in AU or better & am upgrading to MS as possible.
- I collect all coins minted 1809, 1859, 1909, 1959, and 2009. Lincoln and C.Darwin were both born in 1809. The latter published his "On the Origin of Species.." in 1859, the Lincoln cent debuted in 1909, and after that it just seemed like a good way to show the evolution of US coinage. Most non-nums to whom I've shown these react with the phrase, "I had no idea!" That alone shows their worth.
- I've completed MS sets of Jeffersons & MS specimens of other 5 nickels; Franklins done. Roosies mostly done. I enjoy hunting for WLH and "winged liberty" dimes.
-- If I left my early Washington quarter book at one of y'alls house, please ring me up.
ANA Lifer #: 6565
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9675 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine are in the mailbox right now... just have to go pick them up and hopefully they will be ant-free.

What a horror story.
Learn More...
United States
72097 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mine are in the mailbox right now... just have to go pick them up and hopefully they will be ant-free.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9675 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No extraneous inclusions in my package, ants or otherwise. Just two sets of uncirculated and 2 good-looking W cents.
Learn More...
United States
72097 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1016 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got mine. No ants
Pillar of the Community
United States
906 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that's scary I can only imagine the terror of opening coins and finding a live ant colony. I wonder what's next? Nests of angry hornets in ASE monster boxes?
Learn More...
United States
72097 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got mine. No ants

Quote:
I wonder what's next? Nests of angry hornets in ASE monster boxes?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9675 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder what's next? Nests of angry hornets in ASE monster boxes?p

I'll certainly never find out about that.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36546 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this wasn't so sad it would be comical.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4081 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have a Twitter account but if somebody on here does and is willing to, tag the @usmint with that picture
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1844 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you slab the ants?

KK
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05