Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wooden Nickles, And Other Play Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 139 / Views: 7,569Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This example seems a bit geographically confused.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You wouldn't think there'd be too many of these that had remained unredeemed....

Colligo ergo sum
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This example seems a bit geographically confused.

Quote:
You wouldn't think there'd be too many of these that had remained unredeemed....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice adds Lucky
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4786 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking back at North Carolina's gold history...

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looking back at North Carolina's gold history...
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent addition commems
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4786 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I previously posted a wood that celebrated North Carolina's gold history. Here's one that marks the State's long link to tobacco!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent addition.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  05:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I wonder how large the San Antonio one is vs the Iowa one is.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder how large the San Antonio one is vs the Iowa one is.

There's not much that serves as a reliable scale in either of these photos, but they both appear to me to be constructed from 2x4's. Counting the number of boards as best I can, I estimate on that basis the Texas one is 1 to 2 feet greater in diameter than the Iowa one. But if one or the other was made using wider planks, well then, you can disregard that methodology.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Googled it.

Iowa 16'
San Antonio 13'

Pictures are deceiving
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 139 / Views: 7,569Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05