Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

About K.k. Oesterreich Era Coins( Are There Restrikes Of Certain Coin Types

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
285 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  09:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sg93 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've noticed lots of 1860 and 1861 florins selling at strike prices of around $12 or 12 euros and just looking at the bust of Franz Joseph makes me think that there were restrikes of these particular dates, probably the 1858 too? Compared with the later issues, those from the former dates often look proof-like.

Apart from that, a seller about a year ago had 2 lots of 1816 1 kreuzer coins, many of which appeared to be almost unblemished. To the extent of my awareness they were struck with this frozen date until 1852. What I don't know is if they'd continued being circulated until the arrival of the 1851 coinage or were not. Perhaps those lots i'd come across were from 1852, explaining their flawlessness? Or perhaps there are modern restrikes just as with the M.T thalers?

Seeing how popular these austrian coins are, and noticing the almost complete similarity between the imperial eagle on the 20 kreuzers of Franz I&II and the florins of Franz Joseph, could there have been restrikes of the 20 kreuzers too?

I'm sure all this could be easily answered with a very reliable and informative guidebook which I'm not aware of however. If anyone knows of such a book i'd certainly like to know of it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05