Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Royal Mint Selling Rare Gold Sovereign For 100,000

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
78326 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  12:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Learn More...
United States
14163 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  01:08 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By today's exchange rate, that's about $127,130.00 USD

jbuck has that in Eisenhower dollars?
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16004 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acording to the Coincraft book on British coins, the 1819 sovereign is unknown in higher grades.

Nevertheless, I would imagine that most American coin investors would find the condition of this particular coin rather disappointing.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2797 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rare though it is, in that condition it does nothing for me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12561 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very strange way to sell something like that
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20135 Posts
Learn More...
United States
78326 Posts
New Zealand
27 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2019  03:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a joke hey?

That coin is VG at best and they act like its rare and expensive.

It is almost impossible to find a coin that worn for most dates, the mankiest I see are usually goodFine on a bad day and I would never purchase anything less than EF unless it was sub bullion cost.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16004 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2019  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rarity is what you are buying in this case, not grade.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3311 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2019  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That coin is VG at best and they act like its rare and expensive.

It is, it is and it is...

It is a lower grade
It is rare (estimate of 10 survive)
It will be expensive

Instead of letting it find it's true worth at auction, they're running a lottery, where the winner can flip it for the prize.

-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Edited by BStrauss3
06/23/2019 10:39 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2074 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2019  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is actually quite presentable. It did an honest day's work in the economy of the day.

Old school collectors of truly rare coins wait patiently for many years. Another 1819 sovereign may not surface for a decade, twenty years or even fifty years, and there is no guarantee the next one will be in better condition.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05