Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Collecting Those Innovation Dollars?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 88 / Views: 5,468Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On ebay there are folders for sale for the P/D coins for about $23.00

eBay item number:233649684843
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Whitman-Cl...AOSwBbtfDh9A
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17296 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. They would not circulate and those connected at the banks would end up making a chunk of money off of those of us who have been loyal purchasers from the mint.

He didn't say to make the ONLY available from circulation (like the W quarters) so the people that snatched them up at the banks still wouldn't be able to make a "chunk of money". Besides they would go into the back log of dollar coins in storage and probably not actually make it to circulation for 20 years. There would be more pieces dumped into circulation by collectors before they came out of storage.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1677 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I reread and you are correct. The release of W quarters only in to circulation was such a turd to loyal mint buyers that my NOOOOOOOOOOOOO meter pegged immediately. I'll try to read more carefully next time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
905 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish the mint would do more to market the coins. At least with the Presidential dollars, they tried to advertise them to the general public. I see nothing concerning the innovation dollars. Because of that, I am not really interested in these coins. I have gotten proof only for 2018 and 2019. I may stop there. I would love to see dollar coins in circulation again. I spend other dollar coins regularly. Once they stop producing the $1 note (as if that's going to happen in our lifetimes!) then they could circulate dollar coins again. Until then, ho hum.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bret

I agree and I probably forgot to say that I favor a small mintage being put into circulation AS LONAS they continue to sell the rolls at the US Mint. Just putting them into circulation would make everyone worse off as you stated. But a middle road is possible, say put 250 thousand into circulation and only one or two States' innovation. The rest collectors or the curious can buy at the US Mint. It becomes an ideal version of the W Quarter hunt which at 2 million for each quarter is not a scarce mintage but quite modest. The problem is so many were hoarded they seemed scarce. If the US Mint just offered at a modest premium rolls of W Quarters with a product limit of 200,000 - 400,000 added to the 2 million put into circulation you would still have had a modest mintage and a chance for collectors and the curious to get BU rolls.

For now I am fine with the situation and after searching rolls I simply spend those that are in the lowest Mint state. People really love some of those dollar designs and seeing a fresh dollar coin.

Learn More...
United States
97930 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At least with the Presidential dollars, they tried to advertise them to the general public.
Well, they were trying to get those to circulate, so a different market I suppose.

I have seen US Mint ads on YouTube and one of them was for the Innovation dollars. For what it is worth, I see more ads on YouTube than regular TV since I mostly stream now with no ads. So in my case, they knew where to find me.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adamson 25 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 2018 D that has a s beside the 2o18
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Excalibur1701 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to buy the Space Hubble one as I love anything to do with space.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7049 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have these just b/c of getting a proof set yearly so I can collect the halves. I like some of the designs on the dollars, but have not actively thought about what I will do with them when I break the halves out of their sets to put them into the Kennedy En Cap album.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget that the newest addition is being released today at 12 noon EST

American Innovation 2020 $1 Reverse Proof Coin - South Carolina

(my order is already in and processing..)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2021  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adamson 25 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my 2018 d innovational dollar with a s beside the 2 in the date
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the series, wish they had at least aome type of limited circulation release in each state. Might make local news in each state as they were released and stir up some interest from new collectors. As for storing them, I like Caps Albums for most if my sets. I buy their blank pages, then print out my own page the way I like to collect them. I also like laying them out one state in a line. P,D,S,S. Yhat leaves the last hole open, but I'm good with that, just fill a empty airtite with cut out from the page I just made. Will post a photo...
Jim
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10910 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking CAPS page, crusherjc!

you could always put an obverse in the last hole... or maybe a colorized/plated version from after-market companies? Or maybe a little blurb about the design.
Learn More...
United States
97930 Posts
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 88 / Views: 5,468Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05