Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Norfed! Liberty Dollars, Etc.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I started this thread I wanted it to be educational. With the help of other members it has been . Thank you!

Here's an image of the exonumia in my earlier post

Edited by Chopped Triumphs
06/15/2019 3:33 pm
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here we have flat top '03.

Here's a round top '03

Somehow my computer decided to show the same obverse. It's okay though, the good stuff is on the reverse.
Just showing the difference, enjoy!
06/15/2019 3:39 pm
Learn More...
United States
74970 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When I started this thread I wanted it to be educational. With the help of other members it has been . Thank you!
Topic title changed at your request.

Everyone, post away!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6059 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@chopped - very interesting varieties. I have a number of the 2009s from the change machine I mentioned previously that used to be in Chambersburg. If they were not packed I could get a pic of them.

I do not remember which variety they are either.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Edited by Earle42
06/17/2019 9:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Jbuck Thank you so much and your title is so much better then the one I requested!!

@Earl42 The 09's were not a good year for the Norfeds. I hope your move goes smooth. I'll post an '09 when it arrives, for some reason I think yours will be better mine.

This is a numbered and hallmarked 2006 Puerto Rico . The hallmark is on the right side of the reverse and the number (114) is on the left.

06/19/2019 05:16 am
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's an eBay seller out there who knows too much about Liver of sulpher.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/rehchas?_t...047675.l2559
I really do want a Freedom peace, but not one I would have to dip.(piece was misspelled on purpose)

06/19/2019 3:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6059 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw these on eBay and cringed.

BTW - it will take awhile (probably a month or so), but after I am settled in I will check to see if my 2009s are the same variety as yours or not. If so we could trade something if you want.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the only "error" I have; It was supposed to be an '03 one dollar coin (mentioned earlier) but someone at the Sunshine mint grabbed the wrong reverse die.

Who knows what's really true? It's on a 1/20th ounce planchet like the '03s.

@Earl42 Get moved and settled, A lot of crazy stuff happened in the '09 series. It was their last year.

:UPDATE: I asked the seller about the toned coin, he told me his recipe( I will not tell you for safety concerns) . liver of Sulphur and xxxx would have been a safer way to go and you could have given the left overs to your plants.
06/20/2019 3:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2019  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'09 was the last year for Norfed, Liberty dollars. Along with the Sunshine Mint a few other bullion dealers were contracted to produce coins. This example is from one of the contracted "mints".

It's variety 65. The give away is the right side of the letter N in the word IN, is shorter on the obverse, in the motto TRUST IN GOD.

06/23/2019 1:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6059 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2019  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I remember correctly (Chopped, please correct me if you know), the left of the line under the REV "PVBC" is weak on one of the 2009 varieties. I believe all of mine are this weak line type.
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you're describing a #64.
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to show the reverse first. It's the Liberty Bell hallmark that was created by Ron Goodger.on a 1/10 oz planchet. he also wrote the LibertyDollarEncyclopedia Most of them were hoarded by a guy in Florida.. I won't mention his name..

06/24/2019 1:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6059 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Liberty Bell piece!

When I first moved to Chambersburg where these were being spent all over, and I really wanted to start trying to get a collection of the state pieces etc. But I also joined this forum and had an awful lot I wanted to do in sorting out coins I already had. The sorting brought me onto wanting to finish other collections etc, so the NORFEDs were put onto the back burner. It was so easy for me to them back then not only from living here, but eBay was full of pages and pages of them. I should have gone for it back then. The illegal seizure brought an abrupt end to how plentiful they were.

- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1941 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The illegal seizure brought an abrupt end to how plentiful they were.

But they still show up from time to time. The LCS had these for $1 over spot (he's still kind of nervous regarding their legality).

Pillar of the Community
United States
6059 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - you made out! I would buy NORFEDs all day long at only a dollar over spot. See what they go for on eBay!

As to the legality, I am surprised an LCS owner would not know how crazy it was the FBI was scaring people into not wanting to own these. I can see where the NORFED issue might be something they are not aware of en toto, but I am surprised someone having a coin shop business would not know the laws concerning counterfeit coins (alleged or actual) in the US.

Remember the FBI was lying by claiming it was illegal to own NORFEDs b/c they also lied and said they were counterfeit coins. Of course the FBI later had to eat crow, was exposed for abuse of power, and had to return the NORFEDs.

But the FBI, even under the last administration, knows/knew it is not illegal for US citizens to own *actual* counterfeit coin! So again, the FBI was straight out lying (not only about emails but) about NORFED ownership in an effort to scare the masses (who they knew would not bother to look up the law) by saying NORFED use/ownership could lead to prosecution/confiscation. This scare had the intended affect of the masseswho had been using NORFEDs to barter into abandoning the PM based platform and goiung back to US fiat money. Hence the threat to the Fed was illegally nipped in the bud.

- Real men play Fizzbin.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05