Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

For Sale: The Latest Commemorative Currency Issue From Singapore, $20 (Best Offer)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
278 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  03:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sg93 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. ***
Hi all,

if anyone's been following news from Singapore you'd probably have heard of the latest issue of commemorative notes since 2015, which was Singapore's 50th year of independence. This time around though is Singapore's bicentennial since a British bloke named Sir Stamford Raffles landed on its shores and basically built the foundations of modern civilization here that have paved the way for the birth of the Singapore everyone knows today, not forgetting the countless events and people involved along the way, some of whom are featured on these notes.

2 million of these notes have been printed, in stark contrast to the SG50 run of 20 million $50 and 75 million $10 notes, and in a denomination that has long since become obsolete. The note measures 16.2 by 7.7cm, or 6.37 by 3.03 inches for you fellow collectors on the other side of the world and features 3 separate golden holographic designs that change under different lighting angles and while I can't say that I'm a prolific banknote collector, these notes sure look fine to me, much much better than those made for circulation! I have painstakingly slotted each note into their folders to avoid any careless creasing.

So here's the deal. I'm not suggesting a price, because there can be no official market value being just released today. However, i'd be happy to sell them upon receipt of any offers I'm willing to accept. I will not sell them at face value. I may bear part of or the entire cost of shipping, depending on transaction value. I can only accept Paypal at the moment.

I'd upload pictures here but yet again, lest I present these babies in an unflattering light, having had to reduce quality to sub-10, I will send pictures of the notes to whomever is interested.

Best regards,

SG93

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Japan
548 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Half to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta go to Raffles place to get a Singapore Sling! I absolutely LOVE Singapore. I hope to visit again. I heard they completely revamped Newtons Circus.

I may be interested. Need to do some reading first.
Have a great day!

Want list: http://goccf.com/t/347082

My collections:
OFEC (One from every century) http://goccf.com/t/322232#2825498
BU Jefferson 1938-present, BU Sacajawea, Circulated US Date set 1776 - present
Valued Member
278 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sg93 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to hear that! Yes they've done some upgrading to it, perhaps it's time for another gourmet fare? :)
Valued Member
278 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  06:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sg93 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some photos of the holographs!

Valued Member
278 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sg93 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
all sold! please delete this thread, thank you.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05