Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

3 Little Elymais ID Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1356 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  04:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just picked up these three...Any info much appreciated..Paul
1)..Phraates...Van't Haaff 14.6.1-3?
2)..Orodes II ?
3)..Phraates?
Learn More...
United States
22334 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  06:43 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice group Paul, Bob would be the person to verify these.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4199 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice group, Paul.

#1. Yes, Phraates. Artemis does not appear to be radiate and so, yes, it is a VH 14.6.1-3.

#2. Orodes III. VH 16.3.2-1A.

#3. Yes, Phraates. VH 14.1.1-1B. The ΦΡΑΑ of Phraates and the ΒΑΣΙ of ΒΑΣΙΛΕΩΣ are remarkably easy to read on this coin - which is rare on Elymaean drachms since the Greek legends are usually so garbled and worn. The legend here reads from the outside-in which, in combination with the two crossbars on the anchor, makes it subtype 1-1B.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1356 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Bob ..Really appreciated!
1)..Is the Radiate reverse a lot scarcer?
2)..Shame I missed the Orodes III. I should've at least got the ruler correct
3)..Yep I like the reverse even though the flan is odd shaped..

I'll tuck these away now in my slowly growing set..

Thanks again Paul
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5569 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice selections Paul
New Sale! Inexpensive classic Greek silver, over 2,400 years old!

http://goccf.com/t/323297
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1356 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Steve
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05