Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pride Of Two Nations Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42
Pillar of the Community
United States
722 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
price seems crazy-high
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12139 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
price seems crazy-high

It's actually right in line with the past 2 coin ASE sets. I'm actually a little surprised that the price isn't higher given the high prices of Canadian issues and some form of profit sharing unless the mint is just buying the Canadian product outright
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9802 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This will be the fifth ASE variety of the year?

W bullion
W UNC
W Proof
S Proof
W enhanced RP

*sigh* as an ASE collector, I'm in.... this is becoming a very expensive year.
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking the same as others - it is pricey but they are forcing me to get it.
Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
*sigh* as an ASE collector, I'm in.... this is becoming a very expensive year.
Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So there are two different 2019 proofs?

And I signed up for this set also it just seems like I need it for my ASE set
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
..and how exactly did you " sign up for this set"?

..and maybe three different if you include the enhanced RP...but straight proofs..yes, two
Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry probably a misnomer I meant I put them down to notify me when they are available so I can get one

When did the recent San Fran proof coins start? I was aware of West Point not SF

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SF proof on the schedule for release on August 6th
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9802 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jaxenro... 2019 is the 2nd year that the S proof has been (recently) issued by itself in its own OGP and looks to be a regular offering from here on out. There was an S-proof release in 2017 as well that was included only in the Congratulations Set and Limited Edition Silver Proof Set.

When the ASE series started in '86 all annually-issued proofs were S but that switched to P in 1993 and then W in 2001. Since 2001 there have been another couple S proofs included in Sets such as the SF ASE (2012) set and the 25th Anniversary ASE set (2011).

This is off the top of my head.... sorry if my facts are erroneous; will correct later if needed.
Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much. I am still a couple short of the regular P's and W's looks like I need to add the S's from 2011, 2012, etc. to my list. I have the S from 1986 to 1992. Looks like there are some reverse proof mixed in there as well.

What is "OGP"?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9802 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OGP = Original Government Packaging. Now that I think about it, while a standard acronym, it's probably a misnomer and should be OMP (Original Mint Packaging).

At any rate what I intended to convey was that the 2018 and 2019 S-proofs are the first of the recent S-proofs to be available by themselves in packaging that one would typically get a W-proof in (vs part of another set or product).

Apologies if I still haven't made this clear...been up for a long time today and words are hard.
Edited by CelticKnot
06/19/2019 11:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No you are perfectly clear and I was able to search and see some of the others for sale
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate to pay the price but I think I am going to be in for 2, one for each of my boys. Hopefully they at least retain the value over the long run, or my kids grow up and appreciate the coins.
Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So where does something like the "Congratulations" set come in? I suppose it is just a W proof in a different version of OGP? So is it an additional proof collectible or no?
Page: of 42  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05