Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pride Of Two Nations Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 47
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a text and email alert in at the mint.

Wonder why I'm not getting notified that they are having some availability in the mornings?

These reminders generally don't work. I have used them in the past and only once got an email - and by that time the item was already sold out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks omxfl: That's good to know. Guess I should just check the website each morning.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1137 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received my US Mint sets (3) all 6 coins look flawless,however one of the ASEs has a small hair inside the airtight right on top of the sheild. Can it be opened and how ? to blow off the hair...compressed air or wind generated by waving a piece of paper..? Please HELP...thank you
24 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BadDog: very easy. for APMEX just put a high number and then you will see a notification that you exceed the maximum available items.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9925 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Greasy, yes you can separate the two halves of the capsule with your fingernails, a butter knife, a pocket knife, or if really tight sometimes I very carefully use an X-acto knife.

a blast of compressed or canned air from a distance should do the trick.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  07:38 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were only 11 available this morning and the in-stock date now shows as Jul 22.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2505 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@greasyFingers
Whatever you do, don't touch the coins with your greasy fingers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a blast of compressed or canned air from a distance should do the trick.

And, don't shake up the canned air before use.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jul 14 sales figure is 95,466. Last week's was 95,308... I guess cancellations? It can't be returns for sure.
24 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS Update for PR70 ASE:
US Set FDI 850 (many special labels)
CA Set FDI 385
US Set FS 72
CA Set FS 177

NGC PF70 ASE:
US Set FDI 238
CA Set FDI 2151 + 213
US Set 20
CA Set ER 3
Early Releases 65

(NGC has a confusing distinction in their database; listed Canada set to the US/normal variety and also separately)

At the moment NGC has most Canadian set and increasing numbers for PF69. It seems lots of blindly submitted coins go to NGC.
Edited by smile4art
07/16/2019 10:35 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12245 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It can't be returns for sure.

Despite what they say many people are pretty sure if not convinced that they resell returns especially on special issues such as this.

Quote:
It seems lots of blindly submitted coins go to NGC.

One of the biggest bulk submitters for moderns isn't far from NGC in FL so it makes more sense for them to do it in person like that than ship a huge amount across the country
24 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@basebal21: yes I know that MCM (Govmint & Co) has a good connection to NGC. But still surprised that so many Canadian sets got NGC First Day of Issue, nearly 1/4 of Canadian mintage. No wonder it was sold out in Canada before the official release date.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  07:35 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back in stock and not on backorder; i.e., the sets will ship today/tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jul 14 sales figure is 95,466. Last week's was 95,308... I guess cancellations? It can't be returns for sure.

Reported sales are 158 higher this week. What's the issue?
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  08:31 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been on backorder for quite some time now (not right now though as the new stock is in). That would have suggested the US Mint sold some 99k+ sets by now.
Today, a little over 100 sets were available again.
Page: of 47 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05