Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pride Of Two Nations Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48
24 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad that I could buy a raw Canadian set, but also bought the very expensive Canadian FDI set from APMEX at introduction price. Still waiting for the set from them because they have a delay with the wooden boxes. But when I check the graded numbers for the coins, most of them are FDIs anyway.
Edited by smile4art
07/19/2019 12:10 am
Learn More...
United States
74970 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Okay, okay. I admit it. After all my whining about yet another ASE, I bought a set too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
861 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just in case anyone missed out, I am selling a few on the "Member CCF Sales" forum at the US Mint price plus shipping; i.e. I'm not making any profit.

This morning 22 sets were available again.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cyberman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very kind of you omxfl, I'm sure they will sell fast. I bought a RCM set from APMEX on July 5th and finally received it July 18th. I haven't opened it because I wasn't sure if I should just put it in another box and send the package in to PCGS. Being that I bought it from APMEX,there's no way to get a FDOI verification correct? Plus, I have to send it in by August 2nd to even try to get a first strike label correct? Being new to slabbing, I'm not even sure it will be worth it to send them in?
Edited by cyberman
07/19/2019 10:58 pm
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cyberman- welcome to the forum.
IMO, it probably would have been better to buy the pf70 set. After all the fees for submitting the coins it would have been close to the same price without the guarantee of a 70.
24 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, would be better to buy the already graded set. First Strike was available for USD 279 and FDI about USD 329. I can imagine why your raw set took a bit to be delivered. I would not send in for grading but of course it's your decision. And yes, if you send in before August 2nd, it would be qualified for First Strike.
24 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sets available again at US Mint
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I arrived home this morning I was very surprised to see a box from NGC sitting on my side porch.

The box contained the original Pride packing material with a note that the coins will follow.

My serial numbers are 7537; 7538; and 7539
My excitement to find out what grades my coins are, is mounting.
Edited by dave92029
07/20/2019 2:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave92029:

I was just looking at the NGC Website. Grading is $27 per coin plus shipping both ways? Assuming you didn't also get a special label.

Or is that $17/coin and the $10 handling fee for the whole submission?
Edited by RPT
07/20/2019 5:13 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12260 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was just looking at the NGC Website. Grading is $27 per coin plus shipping both ways? Assuming you didn't also get a special label.

They charge extra for OGP to be returned and you have to request it. I have to say I am surprised that was a separate shipment
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dave92029:

The Pride set is considered a "Modern" coin so it is $17/ea to grade. The Special two flag label #1281, is Free for these coins.

There is a $5 fee to return the OMP, plus a $10 handling fee. The three sets, six coins, I submitted will cost me $30 shipping.

I requested " First Strike" on the ASE labels only @ $4.50.

the average price per coin is a little less than $27 each.

So I need about $194 per set to break even.
Edited by dave92029
07/20/2019 6:37 pm
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cyberman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks wyzeguy, and all others who replied. I should have researched this set earlier and bought earlier from the RCM instead of APMEX. The RCM raw set was up to $256.00 when I bought it,ugh!!Lol, that's what I get for procrastinating. Thanks Dave 92029 for the prices involved to send the set in to NGC, I'm sure PCGS is a bit higher yet. Blimey...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No worries cyberman, the price will come back down. The Canadian coin will virtually be a giveaway in a year or two.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No worries cyberman, the price will come back down.

Wrong. No it wont. If you missed out, that's just too bad. Like those $15 CC dollars from the GSA sale.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you're right, but you're going back 46-47 years on that. The more recent history of modern coins, not late 1800 dated coins, shows that it's more likely that the price will go up and then back down. Plus, like I said, the Canadian dollar is overpriced. It's high mintage for a Canadian coin. If this set maintains the issue price in OGP or PF-69, I'll be surprised (but pleased).
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05