Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pride Of Two Nations Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 47
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll probably get slaughtered for this, but the term "Pride" is somewhat disturbing. Pride is one of the Seven Deadly Sins when used in a venal or material sense. This package represents both.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
'll probably get slaughtered for this, but the term "Pride" is somewhat disturbing. Pride is one of the Seven Deadly Sins when used in a venal or material sense. This package represents both.

Like most speech, context is everything! I have no issue with the word Pride used in this context:

National Pride is love and devotion to one's country, and reinforces the alliance of all citizens of this country who share the same values. It is also known as Patriotism. And, as long as pride is involved in a subject, it looks that both positive and negative connotations exist.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1148 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received my RCM set on Thursday...#7,504..just wondering what the big dealers graded and non graded sets are numbered at and also fellow members...anyone got one less than 1,000 ?
24 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS Update for ASE:
Country Label ::: PF70 (3213) --- PF69 (154)
-----------------------------------------------------
US Set FDI ::: 1803 --- 29
CA Set FDI ::: 626 --- 2
US Set FS ::: 457 --- 97
CA Set FS ::: 327 --- 26

NGC ASE:
Country Label ::: PF70 (2690) --- PF69 (206)
US Set FDI ::: 238 --- 80
CA Set FDI ::: 2364 --- 49
US Set ::: 20 --- 3
CA Set ER ::: 3 --- 0
Early Rel. ::: 65 --- 74
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The USM reports 95466 Pride sets issued, which is approx. 4.5 percent below their max. Issue.
Does anyone know specifiy how many sets the RCM actually issued? Less than 10K?
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  08:42 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^
The RCM publishes an annual report which used to contain mintage figures for their numismatic offerings:
https://www.mint.ca/store/mint/abou...orts-1400016
However, the last with these figures was issued in 2015. I guess they don't believe in transparency.
But I'm sure the final sales figure of the RCM set is close to 9.99k. :)
Edited by omxfl
07/22/2019 08:44 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
NGC ASE:

US Set FDI ::: 238 --- 80
CA Set FDI ::: 2364 --- 49

Am I interpreting this correctly:

"US Set" 3:1 ratio 70/69
"CA Set" 48:1 ratio 70/69

If so,
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps the personnel at the RCM have better handling procedures.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1312 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PCGS Update for ASE:
Country Label ::: PF70 (3213) --- PF69 (154)
US Set FDI ::: 1803 --- 29
CA Set FDI ::: 626 --- 2
US Set FS ::: 457 --- 97
CA Set FS ::: 327 --- 26

Perhaps, in theory, the difference between the US and Canadian sets can be explained by handling. However, there's no explaining the massive statistical difference between the FDI's and FS's for both countries. These are coin sets that were packaged in the same manner and shipped at the same time. It looks to me like it's pretty obvious if you want a 70, you need to pay more for the FDI.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Perhaps the personnel at the RCM have better handling procedures.

Maybe for the RCM coins, but the ASEs were handled by US Mint employees.

It's unclear how/where the final packaging for the respective sets took place. I would guess that the RCM bulk shipped (most likely already in capsules) 100,000 Maple Leafs to the USM and the USM bulk shipped 10,000 ASEs to the RCM and then each mint packaged their own sets.

However it was done, it involved more handling than normally is the case by both mints. So, if handling was an issue at either mint then you'd think there would fewer 70s and not more.

Of course those labels are figments of the TPGs imagination. There is no telling when the coins were struck. You can only tell when the TPG received them and that's all the label means. Handling, by either mint, should be pretty much the same regardless of what the TPG label says.
24 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most US FDI are in different special labels, like Mercanti, Cleveland,.. I count 15 different (special) labels for US FDI.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  07:26 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Jul21 sales figures have been published early:
19XB 2019 PRIDE OF TWO NATIONS 98622

Roughly 1,400 left, but this may also include returns. So the actual number of sets that are still available is probably a few hundred. We'll see.

I had to return some 17% of the sets I ordered and mainly because of frosting issues on both coins. There were breaks in the frosting which are easily visible. It took my less than 5 seconds to determine that...
I also had to return some as the packaging got damaged during transport. They really don't have a clue how to ship - they just throw the sets into a large box, put some bubble-wrap on top and that's it.

I went to my order history but once I clicked on 'submit return request' I got the following message:
"We're unable to process your return items at this time. Please contact customer service for more information."
So I went ahead and called. The lady I spoke to didn't know why this message popped up but put the return request in manually. She told me I have to wait 4-6 weeks now before a decision will be made; i.e. I may be told 'sorry, bad luck' or I may get a return shipping label. I also asked if I get an email confirmation for my return request - 'no'. Pathetic, isn't it?
I may have to call my credit card company in the end to solve this...
And I did try again this morning and also a different order. Same result.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12250 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I wouldn't. CC chargebacks are for when things aren't delivered or things like that, you got what you had ordered just not with great quality. More importantly though you have to remember you aren't dealing with a coin shop, you are dealing with the government. Aside from the fact that the CC will almost certainly not do a charge back on the government, they are they last people you want to do that too.

It is certainly pathetic you get no confirmation of anything with the return process but if you're within the window you should be able to return them for a refund. If you're past the 7 day period or whatever it is then you will be out of luck. If you have too you can sell them on ebay and get essentially all your money back and possibly a profit depending what prices do
Valued Member
United States
495 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  08:45 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I went to my order history but once I clicked on 'submit return request' I got the following message:
"We're unable to process your return items at this time. Please contact customer service for more information."
So I went ahead and called. The lady I spoke to didn't know why this message popped up but put the return request in manually. She told me I have to wait 4-6 weeks now before a decision will be made; i.e. I may be told 'sorry, bad luck' or I may get a return shipping label. I also asked if I get an email confirmation for my return request - 'no'. Pathetic, isn't it?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Earlier this year, I tried to return a damaged American Legion half dollar and I also received the automated response: "We're unable to process your return items at this time. Please contact customer service for more information."
I called customer service and was told I'd receive a return label, but weeks went by with no label.
Out of frustration, I continued to click the 'submit return request' button every day and eventually it worked and I was able to print out a return label. It didn't matter that the time had expired to allow for a return, since there was a phone record proving I had called customer service within the allotted time.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1312 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

If I remember correctly, there's a return form and label as part of the invoice that's included in the box. If you return it to them, then they are 100% obligated to refund you you're money. You'll have to pay for the return shipping though. If you have proof that you've returned the sets and they don't issue a credit, then a chargeback is 100% appropriate. Make sure you use some sort of tracked shipment. Videoing your packaging of the box to proof what was in it is also a good idea.
Page: of 47 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05