Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pride Of Two Nations Set

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  09:40 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI: The sets are back on sale at the moment.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to add 99 to my cart.

I wonder if they're getting a lot of returns. I'm sure it's been discussed before but I don't remember the answer -- will the mint turn around and re-sell returns?
Edited by CelticKnot
08/07/2019 10:33 am
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Served me right for trying to hide a purchase from my wife.
Serves you right to be married.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12265 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm sure it's been discussed before but I don't remember the answer -- will the mint turn around and re-sell returns?

They say they don't, but many people (myself included) believe they do especially on things like this. I seriously doubt Canada is sending them small batches of replacements every time someone returns one for quality issues, it's far more likely they're just getting a set someone else returned
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JWH2JR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was just able to order a set. Apparently not sold out yet.
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was just able to order a set. Apparently not sold out yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The August 11th sales report shows sales at 95,002 down 3.370 from the previous week.

Don't quite see how these returns are occurring as they must be past the Mint's 7 day return window. Maybe the return policy is different for bulk buyers
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a delay in reporting between the return request and receipt of return and all that jazz? By the way, you can still buy them right now.

Also could have been charges that didn't go through, expired cards, CC accounts on hold, insufficient funds ect. or un-deliverable packages that got refunded.

Maybe they carried the "accidental double orders" on the inventory count and corrected it, could be that also.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12265 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't quite see how these returns are occurring as they must be past the Mint's 7 day return window. Maybe the return policy is different for bulk buyers

Some could be that the 7 day window resets each time. So some could be ones that kept exchanging them and just finally said enough already just give me a refund, but there likely is a processing delay for reporting as well as any number of things
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cyberman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wasn't HSN Mike offering a 30 day inspection period on this set? Maybe a bunch of HSN customers returned them to Mike, who then sent them back to the Mint?
Valued Member
Canada
305 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Whitetail Junkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found out about this set 3 days ago while randomly looking @ the US mints website....was next to no publicity up here in Canada about it...couldn't take it and signed up and ordered it from the US mints website,along with the 2019 proof silver set that has the reverse proof "w" penny....These will be my first proof US coins to my collection and I'm more than excited.The reverse proof American silver eagle slightly edges the maple lMO,however both are unique horses to put in my stable...cheers from Canada,Eh.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good choices! I think you'll be very happy with them.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roger Engelken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found out last night this came back on sale. I have ordered one even though I've never purchased either the United States or Canadian one ounce silver coins before. The sales figures on this set were 95,002 as of last Sunday, with a maximum of 100,000 in the United States, so they are 95% of the way to being sold out. Of course, they could drop in value, but I have one for me.
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Of course, they could drop in value, but I have one for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
861 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Aug18 sales figure is 97,950. It's been bouncing around a bit:
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05