Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pride Of Two Nations Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 751 / Views: 49,729Next Topic
Page: of 51
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10496 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That'll probably make this a really desirable set then. I can see it selling out sooner than the Apollo Kennedy set.

I concur. As this is the first ever such offering, I may have to budget for 2.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Canadian add on is a loser at 10-20 times normal mintage...the ASE could be a winner BUT the $139 price for the set makes it a wash to a negative.

Still on the fence with this one....definitely NOT an "all in" product
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received an email from APMEX stating they'll buy the sets off anyone for $20 over mint price. Must sign up through them before purchase. I guess they're anticipating a quick sell out and future value increase.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmm...that IS interesting. Twenty bucks is minuscule but the fact that there is an offer is the point....

I'm getting zip requests from my normal dealer buyers...
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/25/2019 3:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1174 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just received an email from APMEX stating they'll buy the sets off anyone for $20 over mint price. Must sign up through them before purchase. I guess they're anticipating a quick sell out and future value increase.

Did it say who's paying for shipping and insurance? If it's you, then that $20 will take a big hit
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since this is a two nation joint sale, it might be easier to purchase sets from The Royal Mint of Canada. Is there any downside to getting sets direct from Canada?
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did it say who's paying for shipping and insurance? If it's you, then that $20 will take a big hit

Didn't read all the fine print but it does mention discount shipping but also says that they provide shipping labels so more than likely you do. They, and other online retailers, had similar offers with last years palladium coin. I imagine the same will occur with this years RP palladium as well.

I agree with you Fox, the amount isn't as relevant as the fact that they're willing to do it.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10496 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen speculation in this thread but no proof that the sets from RCM will somehow be different or numbered or something. That would be very interesting if the packaging/presentation were different.

As was mentioned before $140 is pretty normal for previous 2-coin ASE sets.

We all saw how fast the 2017 Congratulations set sold out with its low product limit and S-proof ASE...I'm not taking any chances this time.
Valued Member
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a household limit on the Canadian sets? I could see people bypassing the US household limits by going there to purchase more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reading the details on this set, I noticed the ASE is listed as .999 fine silver and the Maple Leaf as .9999 pure silver. Is there a difference or is this just inconsequential verbiage?

Also, both listed as 1 Troy oz with the ASE having 31.013 grams and the ML at 31.39 grams. May sound like nitpicking but just genuinely curious as to why the differences.
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The differences can be measured by engineers but not by humans without sophisticated measuring devices. Essentially the same.

Both are 1 Troy oz. "pure" silver and have same silver melt value. The ASE generally has a higher premium because more people collect them. The USA has more than 10x the population of Canada, and the US mint promotes advertises it's product more aggressively.
IMHO

Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  06:39 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there a household limit on the Canadian sets?

I can't find any reference to this upcoming (next week) set on the Canadian Mint web page so no clue about price, limits or even a confirmed release date in Canada

I did see this during a search which comments on the mintage limit:

Quote:
Mintage of this historic set has been set at 110,000 units. Orders will be limited to five units per household for the first 48 hours of sales, after which the Mint will remove the limit.

..and:

Quote:
Limited to a mintage of 10,000 and retailing for $189.95. This product may be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or on the Mint's web site as of July 3, 2019. The coin set is also available at the Royal Canadian Mint's boutiques in Ottawa and Winnipeg, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.

.($189 CA = around $143 USD)
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/26/2019 07:13 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a feeling this is going to be a sell out the first day. ASE seems too popular a coin for it not to.
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this on the Coin Shoppe in Canada:
PRIDE OF TWO NATIONS - LIMITED EDITION TWO COIN SET - 2019 2 X 1 OZ PURE SILVER COINS - Royal Canadian Mint & USA MINT
USD 144.03

SKU: TCS-174832
ON ORDER FROM THE MINT ESTIMATED ARRIVAL: MID-JULY

Note -Arrival from the Mint in Mid July?
When is the US Mint expected to begin shipping these sets is we order on July 3?
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry don't know how to edit posts. This info was on the same page note the last line - "Serialized" ( does this mean numbered?)

Mintage: 10,000 sets
Material: 99.99% pure silver/99.9% silver
Finish: Modified Proof/Enhanced Reverse Proof
Weight: 31.39 g/31.103 g
Diameter: 38 mm/40.60 mm
Edge: Serrated
Certificate: Serialized
Page: of 51 Previous TopicReplies: 751 / Views: 49,729Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05