Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pride Of Two Nations Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48
Valued Member
United States
457 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gatewestcoins still has it and actually for less than the RCM if you consider the VIP points (instant rebate). They have a limit of 1 and I expect these to be gone pretty soon:
http://store.gatewestcoin.com/cgi/v...n=usa&site=1

Nice! Thanks for the heads up! Need to call to place the order but took less than 5 min. And yes it does come out cheaper than RCM and USM even with shipping.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
if the sets are submitted in unopened shipping boxes from the Mint the country of origin will be on the label..probably a good idea for the Canada sets. You still get the "Pride" label if just the coins are sent in though..just the origin is left out.

If the set packaging between the two countries is different, why wouldn't that earn the origin?
(I have a feeling I already know the answer, but would like confirmation.)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, maybe, but the coins could be interchanged between the two different origin sets
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If the set packaging between the two countries is different, why wouldn't that earn the origin?

Since you could keep making new sets after you get the Canadian packaging back you would just have to put in the USA set coins and resubmitt.

That said there are ways you could do it with just the box such as if they discretely marked them so they know they've graded that packaging before or require a sales receipt from the mint with the packaging
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is how the TPGs could address this. Cut a small portion of the OGP (assuming there is an area unique between the two) and include in the holders. A non-intrusive way would be if the OGP had a serial number on it, but that would be too much to ask and I doubt mint employees would have thought of that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or people could just realize that if the 3rd party graders can't tell a difference between the coins, then they're the same. Besides, if knowing the packaging that the coins came from is so important, then the simple solution is to keep the coins in the original packaging.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if this came up with some of the Congratulations sets which are getting big money in a so marked TPG holder -- I would think the OGP from those that were sent back could be reused with another ASE being put into it. Interesting, isn't it?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Or people could just realize that if the 3rd party graders can't tell a difference between the coins, then they're the same.

Packing and where a coin is sold is part of the history of the coin and story of it that some people care a lot about. The entire sports memorabilia industry is literally based off the same ideals.

Whats worth more a foul ball from Trout or a foul ball from Chris Davis of the Os, obviously Trout but it's the same ball and the same ones you can buy in stores. How about a 500th homerun ball or a 10th homerun ball, they're the same homerun ball one is just more significant. None of these can be known without being authenticated either

Collecting is no different. The story matters to many people. If someone doesn't care so be it, but that doesn't make them a better collector or those that do care any less of an informed collector
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was scanning Ebay to see the early prices, and to get some idea about the "profit" potential of flipping the Pride of Two Nations. Here is the results from the Ebay fee calculator:

EBAY & PAYPAL FEE CALCULATOR
Sold Price* sale price not including shipping charge 190.00
Shipping Charge amount charged to buyer 0
Shipping Cost price you paid for shipping 6
Item Cost price you paid for item 146 (including shipping from USM)

EBAY FEE: $ 19
PAYPAL FEE: $ 5.81
TOTAL PROFIT: $ 13.19

It appears that APMEX offer of $20 per set is fair... LOL

Looks like I will be sending my three Canadian sets to NGC for grading, hoping both Mints took extra care and produced lots of PF70 coins.

Edited by dave92029
06/28/2019 7:50 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was scanning Ebay to see the early prices, and to get some idea about the "profit" potential of flipping the Pride of Two Nations. Here is the results from the Ebay fee calculator:

EBAY & PAYPAL FEE CALCULATOR
Sold Price* sale price not including shipping charge 190.00
Shipping Charge amount charged to buyer 0
Shipping Cost price you paid for shipping 6
Item Cost price you paid for item 146 (including shipping from USM)

EBAY FEE: $ 19
PAYPAL FEE: $ 5.81
TOTAL PROFIT: $ 13.19

It appears that APMEX offer of $20 per set is fair... LOL

Just remember that not every one is paying the same fees, some will be selling grading rejects, and most importantly pre-sales can be canceled
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Packing and where a coin is sold is part of the history of the coin and story of it that some people care a lot about.

If packaging/history is so important to someone, then I can't understand why they'd pay money to separate their coins from their original packaging and put it in a 3rd party grading slab. I think that it has more to do with a need for validation from others and an obsessive compulsiveness to have what others deem as a complete collection. My complete ASE collection is in the OGP (except for the bullion and 1995-W proof). I like the OGP, but I don't think having multiples of the same coin in different OGP makes a collection more complete. All of this over course is my opinion, so nobody should take offense. Everyone should collect what makes them happy.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If packaging/history is so important to someone, then I can't understand why they'd pay money to separate their coins from their original packaging and put it in a 3rd party grading slab.

Because they want it certified by an expert professional organization that is what it is.

And 95+ percent of 3rd world countries can't understand how you would pay more than face value for a coin when they struggle for food

You don't have to understand it just respect it, which seems to be to much to ask from some.

Every argument you are making against packing etc mattering I can turn around on you for collecting at all.

My whole point is everyone collects differently. If you don't like something move on and let people that enjoy it enjoy it. There's legitimate criticisms and there's the that's not how I would do it or want it type. The that's not how I would do it or want it type are the ones I call out when I see it.

Besides is everyone wanted the same thing the price would be astronomical so be happy people have different tastes
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Because they want it certified by an expert professional organization that is what it is.

My life's not so complicated. When I buy coins from the mint, I just take it at face value that they came in the packaging they arrived in. I don't need to pay someone else to remove them from the packaging and then give their expert professional certification about what they were packaged in but no longer are. If this is the way that someone likes to collect, then that's great. I don't really understand the desire, but it's their collection not mine. Again, this is my opinion. It's perfectly legitimate to share and no, I don't have to agree with what everyone else does simply because they do it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My life's not so complicated. When I buy coins from the mint, I just take it at face value that they came in the packaging they arrived in. I don't need to pay someone else to remove them from the packaging and then give their expert professional certification about what they were packaged in but no longer are. If this is the way that someone likes to collect, then that's great. I don't really understand the desire, but it's their collection not mine. Again, this is my opinion. It's perfectly legitimate to share and no, I don't have to agree with what everyone else does simply because they do it.

I don't understand how someone could waste money buying something over face value. I really don't understand how someone can pay multiples of melt for a PM coin when people are starving in the world.

See how this works when you try and impose your likes and beliefs on how people collect.

Actual market considerations and things of that nature are a different topic, that isn't what is happening here though
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gatewest coin is now out. I got mine ordered yesterday.
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05