Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Upcoming 2018 Reverse Proof American Innovation Coin

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 159 / Views: 11,647Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So we are still waiting for confirmation from the USMint?

The coin will be available on August 14 at noon and will cost $9.95.
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The coin will be available on August 14 at noon and will cost $9.95.
Pillar of the Community
United States
856 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this will be available for some time but still plan on buying the first day in case it goes on backorder like the proof did. That way I can get the FR/ER designation in case I decide to submit.
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think this will be available for some time but still plan on buying the first day in case it goes on backorder like the proof did.
I agree. Better safe than sorry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
972 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  07:49 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Product site is now live:
https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...in-18GE.html

Mintage of 75k. Mmmh, probably a bit too much to make it interesting. But it's a nice coin & packaging.
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is interesting. The reverse proof gets a fancy OGP, while the regular proof last year was in the typical lens.

I am a sucker for interesting OGP, so this one might not make it into an album.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1479 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
omxfl, I just checked the sales on the 2018 regular proof but don't find something more current easily so I grabbed the first I could find because I'm lazy LOL. Through the Mint's June 23, 2019, sales report, the Mint has recorded sales of 181,701 of the Proof dollars.

so less than half of the sales of the regular proof introductory coin are being minted. Not saying it will be hot, that proof coin has been on sale for a long time now, just saying if the demand is there and there are actually 181K people possibly thinking about collecting the series and bought the proof, the possibility exists that 75K mintage maximum isn't enough.

I do think a lot of the 181K sales reported are dealers and ebay sellers ect. sitting on inventory now. even if half of the sales are dealers sitting on inventory, still might be enough demand.. it's a $10 collectible pretty coin, it could one day become a key to the entire set I guess. lol who knows.
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There isn't any information on household limit. If there truly is no limit, I think this might sell pretty fast.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is interesting. The reverse proof gets a fancy OGP, while the regular proof last year was in the typical lens.

I am a sucker for interesting OGP, so this one might not make it into an album.

I am surprised and intrigued by the OGP for this coin as well. I also enjoy all of the Mint's different OGP, so even though I've been opposed/indifferent to this series from the beginning, the RP coin might make it on my future want list...
Pillar of the Community
United States
856 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also think the OGP is interesting but maybe a tad too much for such a small coin. With that, I still plan on picking up anywhere from 5-10 sets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being that they are struck for direct sales to collectors and not distribution through the Federal Reserve, I would think that the U.S. Code dealing with end of year production would no apply. The U.S. Mint would most likely deem them as a non-circulating commemorative if challenged. However, this brings up an almost certain scenario. Should these end up in circulation, which someone will eventually do, would it not be acceptable as payment for a purchase making it "legal" tender?

So, I feel the most logical conclusion is that they were in fact struck late in 2018 and held for future release. This would fall in line with the left over proof and mint sets which can still be bought direct.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
08/01/2019 11:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
908 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just looked at the picture of the reverse proof on the mint's website. I am not impressed. Yes the obverse is the reverse of the proof already issued, but the reverse is nearly the same as the proof coin. And for 9.95 it's not worth it to me. And fancier packaging just takes up more space.
Pillar of the Community
United States
856 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The stock photos never do the coin any justice. Almost always look better in person.
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11032 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked the listing and the HHL is 5.

I'm in for two.
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 159 / Views: 11,647Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05