Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Fancy Serial Number Notes

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure if this is fancy or an "almost" fancy, but here's another for those who like 9's -
Fancy for Southern Ontario.
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  03:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NocturnalJay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Came across this one, but not sure if it has a category. Birthday year and future death date year. Granted it's quite a few years in the future, but someone would have a life span of 92-93 years. Any value in something like this?

Pillar of the Community
United States
576 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Grandparent's Birthyear - Great Grandchild's Birthyear... IMHO, I'd hold onto it. Small premium.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NocturnalJay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. I definitely will just put it away for now. I usually deal with just coins, but I started searching notes. It has been a fun and interesting experience.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by mikev50
06/28/2019 4:16 pm
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the eye candy.

If you like 7's, you'll like this pair.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40489 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2019  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mikey and Stever - This is dizzying!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2019  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like this next pair. Not too long ago finding notes ending in 9999 or 0000 was next to impossible.

When currency is overprinted on COPE, the sheets with the 9999 and 0000 endings are *almost* always pulled for inspection and replaced by star sheets. This is a manual process, so occasionally it doesn't happen, in which case the 9999 and 0000 serials are actually issued. Additionally, at the end of each print run the sheet ending in 00002 is similarly pulled for inspection, which is why serials like 00000002 and 20000002 have been well-nigh impossible to find in recent years.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40489 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2019  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remarkable consecutive pair - worth having graded?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2019  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
worth having graded?

No, not really, although I bet they would garner something in the high 60's. This pair is the last thing I bought from Harvey's Money Store, on eBay. I'm happy to have them. They still have that "new money" smell.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40489 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2019  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For different reasons, I assume, serial # 2 notes from the old National Currency days are not seen often either. I suppose the glamorous # 1 notes were typically saved for a bank's archives, while the #2's were usually just treated like any other note.

Edited by Coinfrog
06/29/2019 6:44 pm
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super nice serial #2 Mr.Frog.

Another pair I'm fond of ...

Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05