Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Fancy Serial Number Notes

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38036 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are just super!
Valued Member
Canada
443 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great notes (& numbers) guys. (The Educational $2 is phenomenal) Love the "12's" and "triplets" "Steve"
Edited by walk2dwater
07/11/2019 11:11 am
Learn More...
United States
73511 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These matching Triplets are straight from the BEP.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2138 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  03:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These matching Triplets are straight from the BEP. Advertised as Lucky Money Set 8.8.8. released December 2008 for $48.88 and limited to 8,888 sets (sold out). Sorry about the photo quality.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38036 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool. What would the set fetch today?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4697 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  10:56 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never knew the BEP offered triplet sets like that, but here are some individual notes I have purchased from the BEP over the years:

8 is considered a luck number in Chinese, hence the special packaging.

[Oh -- and I don't think these have any special value since you can still buy similar notes directly from the BEP at https://catalog.usmint.gov/paper-cu...-collection/]

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Edited by barryg
07/12/2019 10:59 am
Learn More...
United States
73511 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38036 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice examples, @barryg.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4234 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some pretty impressive notes on this thread.
I've been checking every one I've seen for close to a decade and still nothing . The best I've gotten is 77777150 on a one when I was twelve or so, which I suppose is still in a drawer around here somewhere.
Oh well, one of these days...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38036 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another large size "fancy" note that newer members may not have seen -

Pillar of the Community
United States
2138 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic Fancies Fellas, love the eye candy !

Matching repeaters with 12's and on the 12th District ...be still my heart.

Edited by SteveInTampa
07/13/2019 06:45 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38036 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remind us again why "12" is important to you!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2138 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Remind us again why "12" is important to you!

It was my original Little League number (ages 10-12) when I first picked it as mine, and then later on in life with many sports stars I admired and emulated. Staubach, Namath, Griese, Stabler, Kelly, Bradshaw, Rodgers, Boggs and Brady, to name a few.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38036 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So you weren't a duck when you were younger, you were a jock!
Learn More...
United States
73511 Posts
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05