Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Hawaii Related Tokens, Medals, And Exonumia

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 4,211Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23407 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are great.
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrisof4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I acquired this token as part of a collection I bought. They must have had some tourist event in 1959 where these were given out? Not sure, but Aloha!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1984 25th Anniversary Hawaii Admission Day Queen Liliuokalani Dala

Mintage: 5500 including sets - Diameter 39mm - Number and quality on the edge 1 ounce .999 Fine Proof Silver Round.
OBVERSE: Portrait, LILIUOKALANI HAWAII
The beautiful Queen Liliuokalani obverse features the famous Huth Medal design of 1891.
REVERSE: ADMISSION DAY DALA, HAWAIIAN STATEHOOD, SILVER JUBILEE, AUGUST 12 1959 - 1984 with crest and ribbon.

These were packaged in a tamper proof capsule, a gift box with Royal Hawaiian Silver printed outer box and the original Certificate of Authenticity.

With the overwhelming success of the sold-out Statehood Issue within the first six months of 1984, the Mint created the Admission Day Dala to satisfy collector demand and celebrate the Silver Jubilee of Hawaii's Statehood.

The same obverse from the Statehood Dala with Queen Liliuokalani graces the Admission Day Dala. It was the Queen of Hawaii and her loyal Hawaiian citizens who bravely fought against fate to maintain the Kingdom of Hawaii. The reverse design commemorates the very day, August 21, 1959, that President Eisenhower signed the Act of Congress admitting Hawaii as the 50th State in the Union.

and to go with DrDarryl's Dies
1959 Hawaii Heraldic Art Medal

In 1959 The Hawaii medals were struck in 192 gr sterling at first but the US Treasury Dept forced the weight change to be 262 gr sterling. Some of the Hawaii medals were struck in the heavier weight.

This is the "Thin" Hawaii Statehood medal. One of the more desirable Heraldic medals in either weight. But the Hawaii "Thin" medal had a mintage of 4600 and the "Thick" had a mintage of 1200.

Three different medals were struck each year from 1959 to 1978 which makes a total of 60 medals in a complete set. The mintages were reported between 5000 and no more than 7000 but there is some info that some were significantly lower than 5000 and the silver boom of the late 70's and early 80's resulted in many being melted.

1969 King Kamehameha Hawaii Bronze Medallic Art Co Medal

Kamehameha I was also known as Kamehameha the Great, he was the founder and first ruler of the Kingdom of Hawaii.
He had between 20 and 30 wives and had over 30 children.

"Ua mau ke ea o ka aina I ka pono" translates to "the life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness."

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
10/08/2019 11:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DrDarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is the "Thin" Hawaii Statehood medal. One of the more desirable Heraldic medals in either weight. But the Hawaii "Thin" medal had a mintage of 4600 and the "Thick" had a mintage of 1200.

An initial discovery was made in 2013 relating to the "low" and "high" volcano varieties. There are a total of five Hawaii Statehood medals. My research can be found at https://www.money.org/collector/drd...cano-variety
Pillar of the Community
United States
4562 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some beautiful examples
Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

An initial discovery was made in 2013 relating to the "low" and "high" volcano varieties. There are a total of five Hawaii Statehood medals. My research can be found at https://www.money.org/collector/drd...cano-variety

From your blog DrDarryl

(There is a need for a so-called half dollar / heraldic art medals comprehensive catalog)

The only other numismatic Hawaii items I think I have are a real nice silver 2012 proof quarter and a Hawaii One Dollar bill.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add elboniv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this coin and have had it for a while but don't have a clue what it is could you help me out
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add elboniv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DrDarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DrDarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only TPG that has graded/encapsulated this medal (2M-94) is NGC.

Here is the low-ball example in my research collection.

Original mintage was 400, current population available to collectors is 267 (as indicated in my books). NGC population is 6 graded. Of these 6, 4 are in my research collection.

Current record price for a 2M-94 (MS 63) is $2640 in 2019.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...2m-94-ms-63- NGC
Edited by DrDarryl
01/23/2022 06:45 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
706 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A Kauai "so called dollar".

Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3712 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since this thread was recently revived, I thought I'd post this Hawaiian plantation token that I recently bid on. Unfortunately, it went higher than I was willing to pay. It's an 1871 Hawaii-Wailuku Plantation Broad Starfish, 12-1/2 c (one real). They were hand made and crudely struck.

Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's an 1871 Hawaii-Wailuku Plantation Broad Starfish, 12-1/2 c (one real).
Excellent!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 4,211Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: