Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My guess is 1895-S gold $10

I am sorry, that is incorrect.
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't beat yourself up Joe. You did a superb job of counting the 20 questions, but anybody can get confused when you throw in such advanced concepts as odd/even and greater than/less than. Blame it on the new math.

Thanks for the kind words.

You know, when I was a boy we didn't have these silly arabic numbers. No sir, we worked with Roman numerals. We didn't even have a zero! Odd or greater, even or lesser, it's a conspiracy!

You all better hope someone guesses the correct date or you will be subject to my incompetence again.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  10:17 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You know, when I was a boy we didn't have these silly arabic numbers. No sir, we worked with Roman numerals. We didn't even have a zero! Odd or greater, even or lesser, it's a conspiracy!

Ahh, we all long for the good ol' days.

Since you intentionally lied to throw us off course were mistaken with your 19th answer, causing us to squander our 20th question, and I am extremely competitive and a sore loser interested in a fair contest, I propose one more question.

Was the coin minted prior to 1890 (MDCCCXC if that helps)?

Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was the coin minted prior to 1890 (MDCCCXC...)

As a gesture of goodwill and since I'm feeling magnanimous, I will answer your illegal question. I will even answer truthfully and without malice.

Yes, it WAS minted prior to 1890.

Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Check Redifin's eBay Listings Check Redifin's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regardless of the situation, I must commend both of you for your knowledge and or research skills. The accuracy of the historical content with in your posts is on point.
1. I'm no expert but I'll give my two cents.

2.My favorite coin so far: 1913 Buffalo nickel matte proof type II reverse
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Regardless of the situation, I must commend both of you for your knowledge and or research skills. The accuracy of the historical content with in your posts is on point.

I really appreciate this comment, though I doubt that jadey appreciates it. He has some sort of sociopathic mean streak in him.

I'm afraid we may have driven away some contestants with our irrelevant banter.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As a gesture of goodwill and since I'm feeling magnanimous, I will answer your illegal question.

You neglected to mention how generous you have been to give me 3 opportunities to guess *rolls eyes*.

Quote:
I will even answer truthfully and without malice.

How sporting of you. Though I will admit that the sudden change of tactic makes me suspicious.

So, assuming your answers have been accurate, it should be either an 1887 or 1889 $10 from the SF mint.

My third and final guess is: 1889 $10 from the San Francisco mint.

... and whatever the result, this has been fun.
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Redifin's eBay Listings Check Redifin's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jadey, if Joe wasn't so garsh darn old and blind your first guess would/should have been correct. That is, based on the original answers, it HAD to be the coin you guessed.

I propose that Jadey is is awarded a victorious win by default and should begin Round 3 as new gamemaster!

Joe, if you agree, reveal your coin.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1057 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm afraid we may have driven away some contestants with our irrelevant banter.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jadey, if Joe wasn't so garsh darn old and blind your first guess would/should have been correct. That is, based on the original answers, it HAD to be the coin you guessed.

Actually, it was 50/50 at that point. It could have been an 1896 or 1898, because loonie had guessed 1898 $5.

I think we should stop guessing and make JoeCoin suffer through this process again.
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My third and final guess is: 1889 $10 from the San Francisco mint.

Holy cow! We have a winner. It was your destiny, even if it did take you 4 or 5 guesses.

Quote:
I think we should stop guessing and make JoeCoin suffer through this process again.

I think I'd rather jump off a bridge. Oh wait, I've already done that.

---------------------------------------------------------

And now, the shoe is on the other foot.
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I propose that Jadey is is awarded a victorious win by default and should begin Round 3 as new gamemaster!

Fortunately it did not come down to this. This would be like Neville Chamberlain dealing with Adolph Hitler.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Holy cow! We have a winner. It was your destiny, even if it did take you 4 or 5 guesses.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Well that was easy. I knew it all along.

Nice coin Joecoin.

Quote:
Fortunately it did not come down to this. This would be like Neville Chamberlain dealing with Adolph Hitler.

You really can be tough on yourself. Sure, you missed a couple of easy questions about your coin and you are having some difficulty counting, but nobody is suggesting that makes you a Nazi. 18/20 is still an A-. We'll even get you a participation trophy to raise your spirits.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody ever have one of those "be careful what you wish for" moments?

I'll try to find a coin worthy of this contest and start later. Hopefully some of the others who were driven away will return.
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Redifin's eBay Listings Check Redifin's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HAHAHA! Awesome Round! A little eccentric, but awesome nonetheless.

Quote:
I'll try to find a coin worthy of this contest and start later. Hopefully some of the others who were driven away will return.

I think they will!

Edited by Redifin
07/11/2019 4:27 pm
Page: of 33  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05