Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All coins are worthy, except maybe Ikes.
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Redifin's eBay Listings Check Redifin's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. I'm no expert but I'll give my two cents.

2.My favorite coin so far: 1913 Buffalo nickel matte proof type II reverse
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I was thinking about jumping across the pond, but it seems that everybody in this thread is from US or Canada.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, lets try going overseas, but I'll narrow it down a bit.

This coin is from Post-Enlightenment Western Europe.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
622 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll start it off, but 20 may not get us there. Is the coin Spanish?
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. The coin is not Spanish.

1. Not Spanish.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12015 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it from a country where, according to Wikipedia, German is "the most widely spoken and official or co-official language"? This includes, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Belgium, and Italy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_language
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question Spence. No it is not.

1. Not Spanish.
2. Not German Speaking: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Belgium, and Italy.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12015 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thx @jadey. I'll follow that up with a similar question:

Is it from a country where, according to wikipedia, French is the official language? While there is some overlap with the previously ruled out countries, this would additionally include France, Monaco, and Luxembourg.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
622 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was a good one Spence.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way to whittle it down Spence. Yes, it is French speaking.

1. Not Spanish.
2. Not German Speaking: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Belgium, and Italy.
3. French speaking: France, Monaco, Luxembourg, et al.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12015 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That was a good one Spence.

Thx. I think that the right strategy is to try to phrase our questions such that roughly half of the possible answers are yes while the other half is no.
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
622 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good plan. We can even formulate a question between all of us before it gets asked. I don't see a rule saying no ganging up on the "gamemaster".

Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just read this entire thread and I was very intrigued and amused by it. I would like to join the festivities. I was a comodian, er comedian too in a previous life.

My question, was the coin minted before 1920?
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  12:30 am  Show Profile   Check Redifin's eBay Listings Check Redifin's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@spence: now knowing it's French, correct me if I'm wrong, but can't we narrow down the date by figuring out what it's made of? (This is a question for Spence NOT the gamemaster, I agree, there is no rule against formulating)
1. I'm no expert but I'll give my two cents.

2.My favorite coin so far: 1913 Buffalo nickel matte proof type II reverse
Page: of 30  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05