Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 161
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1146 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are we stuck here? is Spence the Game Master whos finally going to stump the guesser's? Where's tdz-loonie- james?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13080 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recap while we wait for more guesses or questions:

1: This coin was made well before 1903.
2: This coin was made well before 1775.
3. This coin was made well before 1603.
Hint 1: Elizabeth I wasn't alive when this coin was made.
4. This coin was made well before AD 1100.
5. This coin was made west of the Ural Mountains.
6. This coin was made before AD 1.
Hint 2: http://www.numista.com is not just a good place to find examples of modern coins.
7. It is at least tangentially Celtic.
8. It is not Etrurian.
9. This coin was made before 30 BC.
10. This coin is not silver.
11. This coin was minted west of the 15 degrees east longitude.
Hint 3: This coin was minted east of the 15 degrees west longitude.
12. This coin is from the Iberian Peninsula.
Hint 4: The numista version of this coin has a photo.
13. This coin weighs well over 7 g.
14. This coin is listed this specific webpage of numista: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/in...&p=1&x=0&y=0

Quote:
1 Sextans de Untikesken

No (@gincoin43)

Quote:
Quadrans - Iberia Oretanii (Castullo mint) (200 BC - 100 BC)

No (@joecoin)

Quote:
As Sekobirikes (Olcades) (133 BC - 100 BC)?

No (@keith12)

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Edited by Spence
10/09/2019 5:17 pm
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hoxsie454 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spence -- Sorry, but the link provided on recap line 14 returns Page Not Found.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1146 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry, but the link provided on recap line 14 returns Page Not Found.

Go back to page 152 That link worked And
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13080 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hoxie, sorry about that. You can either look at the old link as @keith just mentioned, or else I think that I have fixed it now. The keyword to search on is "IBERIAN".
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
628 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will guess it is an....

OBVLCO diademed and bun-haired, URKAILTU NESELTUKO type (Turdetanos, Obulco mint)
(120 BC - 100 BC)
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1146 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will guess it is an....

OBVLCO diademed and bun-haired, URKAILTU NESELTUKO type (Turdetanos, Obulco mint)
(120 BC - 100 BC)

Good luck
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
628 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had to copy and paste that one. Not like a 1950 dime or anything easy like that. We may tease you Spence, but good round. Lots of learning.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13080 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@loonielewy--nice detective work!

Here is my As from Obulco--not an exact match to numista, but still pretty close. Thanks to all for a great round! I know that these are a little tough on you US coin collectors, but hopefully you don't mind having your horizons expanded a little bit.

-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well loonie, I'm glad you were able to ride my coattails to the win.

Nice job!

Now how about a nice easy modern Canadian Commem?
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From numiswiki, forum ancient coins:

"Obulco, a Roman municipium of Hispania Baetica (Andalusia), now called Porcuna, a town of some note between Cordova and Gienna. Its coins which are autonomous, bear for their types generally a female head, sometimes a horseman, at others a bull, and the word OBVLCO, with the names of Roman duumvirs, and Celtiberian inscriptions."
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
628 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
0YAcoDkj_dI

Quote:
nice detective work!

That was a silver platter.

I haven't been gamemaster in a while. I'll try to get you guys, but, I doubt it. Work tomorrow, but lots of time after. I'll find something good, then leave you hangin'.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
628 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I got 1. Fire away. Bedtime soon, but see you at 6 am or so.

Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. That was a fun round. I was sorta lost early in. I chose not not guess later in, because it would not be right if you guys asked all the questions, and I swooped in and stole the prize at the very end.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13080 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  04:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Game on! Was this coin made before 1900?

Quote:
it would not be right if you guys asked all the questions, and I swooped in and stole the prize at the very end.

Isn't that @joecoin's primary strategy?
-----King Adz
Edited by Spence
10/10/2019 04:05 am
Page: of 161  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05