Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 213
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1162 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we are 8 Questions in. but who knows.
Was this coin minted before Hong Kong was transferred to China?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was this coin minted before Hong Kong was transferred to China?

Yes, this coin was minted before July 1st 1997

9/20
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it's also lighter than a British Penny, at least the old giant ones.

So, is it lighter than a pre 1982 USA cent, or a post 1982 USA cent(or both)?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So, is it lighter than a pre 1982 USA cent, or a post 1982 USA cent(or both)?

That is three questions

I have decided to count them as one. It is lighter than both.

10/20
Since we are half way here's another hint. While I do not know every "penny's" weight this coin should weigh less than ANY penny minted after 1527 ad
Edited by Gincoin43
10/15/2019 10:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That excludes exception like the USA aluminum pennies of course.
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is three questions

Not intended as a yes/no question, merely asking for clarification.

I hereby petition the High Court to declare it as such and not count it as one of the 20.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
High Court to declare it as such and not count it as one of the 20.

As the current gamemaster, I believe I am both judge and jury. You asked three yes or no question with the intention of gaining information on this coin not provided you. Since you can only ask one question at a time and because all three questions were basically the same thing it will count as one question.

Edited by Gincoin43
10/15/2019 10:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That being said I also gave you a plethora of information with that answer. I think I was fairly fair.
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You asked three yes or no question with the intention of gaining information on this coin not provided you.

Your honor I object! I asked one non yes/no question in an attempt to get clarity from an extremely poorly worded vague hint.

And remember, if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here!
Edited by joecoin
10/15/2019 11:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
extremely poorly worded vague hint

Hints are meant to be vague, but it is assumptions you've made that make it seem poorly worded.

Here's some info:
Offa, an Anglo-Saxon king, introduced the first English coin known as the penny around 790 A.D.; it was made entirely of silver.

However I've learned that the Brit' did not stay true to weight for their silver pennies. So the Second hint is poorly worded. It is not lighter than a .5g silver penny.

Quote:
And remember, if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here!

But you have up your turn because you previously misidentified one of your coins?
Edited by Gincoin43
10/16/2019 12:35 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not from the Americas
Not from Europe
Not from south of the tropic of cancer
Country ends with a vowel
Capital ends with a consonant
Weighs less than 1.55 g
Minted after 1960 but before 1998
And is lighter than a US "penny", a Canadian "penny", and Australian "penny" and the older large version that is properly a penny are all heavier than this coin. As is a modern British penny coming in at 3.56g.

10/20
Edited by Gincoin43
10/16/2019 04:31 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1162 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does this coin weigh less then 1 gram?
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But you have [sic] up your turn because you previously misidentified one of your coins?

No, I gave up my turn because I am magnanimous.

Is the capital of the country of issue in Asia?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does this coin weigh less then 1 gram?

No

Quote:

Is the capital of the country of issue in Asia?

No

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1162 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this coin a Millim?
Page: of 213  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05