Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 71
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12433 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok good to know all around. Is it from one of the countries or dependencies located in Northern Europe? (full list below)

3 United Kingdom 66,959,016 Northern Europe
15 Sweden 10,053,135 Northern Europe
22 Denmark 5,775,224 Northern Europe
23 Finland 5,561,389 Northern Europe
25 Norway 5,400,916 Northern Europe
26 Ireland 4,847,139 Northern Europe
31 Lithuania 2,864,459 Northern Europe
34 Latvia 1,911,108 Northern Europe
35 Estonia 1,303,798 Northern Europe
39 Iceland 340,566 Northern Europe

1 Channel Islands 166,828 U.K.
2 Isle of Man 85,369 U.K.
3 Faeroe Islands 49,692 Denmark
4 Gibraltar 34,879 U.K.

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I found that if I reduce my browser page to 80% the last column is revealed. The ads were covering it.

SO, thanks for the help here and going forward I'll be able to see all the columns, if need be.

Quote:
Is it from one of the countries or dependencies located in Northern Europe?

No, it is NOT from one of the countries or dependencies located in Northern Europe.

8/20
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12433 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK bummer, that leaves eastern and southern Europe. Is it from Eastern Europe?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it from Eastern Europe?

Yes it is from a country classified as being part of Eastern Europe according to that website.

9/20
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to let everyone know, I need to take my wife to the hospital tomorrow, she has an ongoing issue that they can't seem to fix properly.

I will have my smart phone with me and I will be checking this thread. However, it is a pain in the patootie to type on that phone, so I will be answering yes/no questions only. If someone asks a question that I need clarification on, it's gonna have to wait.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We are down to the following countries.

Russia
Ukraine
Poland
Romania
Czechia

Hungary
Belarus
Bulgaria
Slovakia
Moldova

Question: Is it in the first group (above the line)?
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it in the first group (above the line)?

Yes, it is in the 1st group of countries.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  08:14 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not particularly good at history, but my understanding is these areas were mostly under Ottoman, Russian, Austrian, or Polish control in the estimated timeframe. Post Hammered coin, greater than 22mm, minted prior to 1800.

So, I think we are down to Poland and Russia. Thoughts?
Edited by Jadey
07/16/2019 10:08 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1187 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm leaning towards Poland (just to keep my space where reading has ended)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I PM'd tdziema to see if he had some input, since he seems very knowledgeable in this area.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2227 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just home from work, where I don;t have access to e-mail. So I need to go upthread and read a bit to catch up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey wait a minute!

You're bringing in a ringer now?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta bring in the big gunz.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2227 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm probably not the best person to formulate the questions, but I can offer some facts that might help (I think @spence would be equally capable in this area)

If we want to go down the path of Poland (I'm embarrassed to say I don't know when "post-hammered" began..anyone else?), we could start by guessing the reign, or the type. For reigns, we have Sigismund III, Jan Casimir and Jan Sobieski in the 1600s, and Augustus II, Augustus III and Stanislaus August in the 1700s. Sigismund III's coins are probably the most popular, followed by Jan Casimir.

From a type viewpoint, the 6 groschen, ort (1/4 thaler) and tympf are all larger than 22 mm. So is the copper 3 groschen of the late 1700s.
I would guess from a collector popularity viewpoint, they would rank Sigismund III ort, Jan Casimir tympf, Jan Sobieski 6 groschen (again, @spence can check my logic).

Each of these type/reign combnations has a handful of common dates.

Hope that helps ... but we might first want to confirm Poland.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12433 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
we might first want to confirm Poland.

Is this coin Polish?
-----King Adz
Page: of 71  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05