Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84
Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this coin Polish?

No, this coin is NOT Polish.
Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
11/20
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12507 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Russia
Ukraine
Poland
Romania
Czechia

Is it from Russia?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it from Russia?

Yes, it was minted in Russia.
Edited by joecoin
07/16/2019 11:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, 8 questions left. Russia was the last country to stop making hammered coins, so the date should be a bit easier to identify.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't find a resource that specifies which coins are hammered, but looking through a catalog, it looks like the earliest would have been around 1760, but I would guess its greater than 1780.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12507 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  06:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it copper?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it copper?

Yes,the coin is copper.

13/20
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12507 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so to summarize, this coin is from Russia before 1800. It is copper and at least 22 mm in diameter.
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  08:05 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Spence

Do you have any info on when they stopped making hammered coins?
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  11:12 am  Show Profile   Check Redifin's eBay Listings Check Redifin's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I can't say I have any guesses but I sure am learning a lot!
1. I'm no expert but I'll give my two cents.

2.My favorite coin so far: 1913 Buffalo nickel matte proof type II reverse
Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ok so to summarize, this coin is from Russia before 1800. It is copper and at least 22 mm in diameter.

I can confirm your summation is correct.

But there's a lot more to it than just that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was it minted after 1749?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1226 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Joecoin..this is not a question directed to you..But to fellow followers..

Humm...Remember,he said yes the coin was minted in Russia. But he was vague on it being a Russian coin (is what I got) Could it have been minted in Russia for one of the territories they may have ruled over (if any) during this time span?.....World history not my high point in school...
Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was it minted after 1749?

Yes, it WAS minted after 1749.

14/20
Page: of 84  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05