Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 128
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm so thinking this coin is from Vatican City

That was my theory as well, until he said it was not from southern europe.

I'm wondering if it could have some depiction of St. Peter, but I can't find anything like that from Western Europe in the 1900-1950 timeframe.
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm wondering if it could have some depiction of St. Peter, but I can't find anything like that from Western Europe in the 1900-1950 timeframe.

You are sniffin' all around the hydrant, but you aint lifted your leg yet.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok we know that it comes from Western Europe. Was it minted in one of the following four countries: Germany, Switzerland, Austria, or Liechtenstein?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was it minted in one of the following four countries: Germany, Switzerland, Austria, or Liechtenstein?

No, it was NOT.

11/20
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was it minted in France or the Netherlands?
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brief recap:

minted after 1899.
minted before 1951.
NOT at least 50% copper.
minted in Europe.
NOT minted in either Northern or Southern or Eastern Europe.
NOT minted in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, or Liechtenstein.

HINT: There's something fishy about this coin.

HINT: I hope you all will see the light.

HINT: You might be able to use it at the Pearly Gates.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking "fishy" in this respect, given the pearly gates and seeing the light references.

Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was it minted in France or the Netherlands?

Yes, it WAS minted in one of those two countries.

12/20
Edited by joecoin
07/22/2019 9:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm thinking "fishy" in this respect, given the pearly gates and seeing the light references.

"Light" has several connotations. Perhaps I should have put it in quotes the first time.

The coin itself is not directly religious.

And that's enough hints.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I'm grasping at straws. There is a 1941-43 nickel from the Netherlands that has a Sun (light?), and is square (fishy?), but no idea how that helps with the Pearly Gates. France, I got nothing.
Edited by Jadey
07/22/2019 10:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1122 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the coin from France?
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is the coin from France?

Yes, the coin was minted in France.

13/20
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was the coin minted before 1925?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  07:43 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Racking my brain here on these clues.

In this context, "light" could perhaps refer to an image on the coin, the coin's weight (aluminum, zinc), or a holed coin that you can see light through.

"Fishy" could refer to an image on the coin, or perhaps the coin's shape.
Edited by Jadey
07/23/2019 07:44 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was the coin minted before 1925?

No, the coin was NOT minted before 1925.
Page: of 128  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05