Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 414
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10569 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've never heard of these coins before

As a heads up, most coins used in this game are not from the U.S. They are often a bit more "obscure" to try and stump the guessers.
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
833 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must have missed the size question, oh well
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wished I could have helped you guys, but I've been sick as a dog. I'll be home tomorrow and hopefully feeling better enough to take sprue down. We have to gang up on him with these guesses, but we have a few left. Back to bed for me.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10569 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We have to gang up on him with these guesses, but we have a few left.

It will give me more time to pick the next coin. If I'm not mistaken, you have until about 6 PM ET to guess.

"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
-Kurdt Kobain
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1684 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We get 20 guesses right?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys, I feel better, but it may not last. Lets get this guy. Keith, I count a good 4 guesses. Spence, joe, Crafty - yes you will guess - we will help, and myself. Sprue says ....

Quote:
Gin & Keith are on the right track...

Gotta use that. What was similar about your guesses? What made you think it was that coin? Was it the hints?

Quote:
This coin has more than one language on it.
This coin has a security edge

Here's the recap to go along so we have all the info in 1 post.

Minted by The Royal Mint between 1950 & 1990
Not larger than 25mm diameter
Country of issue not in Europe, the Americas or Oceania
Not a gold sovereign
Not silver
Is round
Not from Iraq
Not from British West Africa
Not a shilling.

I like Hong Kong, but I like Ceylon too for the country.

The edge security...like the letters on a Canadian Toonie?

We are in a hole here. A 40 year spread, no country or denomination. Not over yet though. A lot of digging may do it.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1684 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The security edge is all you have to go on. And I guess its from Asia. And smaller then 25mm. I'll go hit the book
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about this one? I just can't tie it to the Mint yet.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1597.html

Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
India, Sri Lanka(Ceylon), Hong Kong.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That coin I posted meets a lot of the clues. Less than 25 mm dia. and round. More than 1 language, he didn't say 2 so this is a clue. This one has 3! Has edge security. Fits the years. And get this. Did sprue throw us a bone? Only minted in 3 years. We can cover them all with guesses. Still don't know where it was minted. Edit: Yes, from Royal Mint! I'm feeling pretty confident now, anyone agree?

This one fits as well. Arrrg.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces3824.html

At 25 mm, this one just fits.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1594.html

I think this is all from Ceylon.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces9453.html

Edited by loonielewy
01/29/2020 09:24 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1684 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gin & Keith are on the right track...
Both are islands.
But I like Ceylon. The only thing is I just played a coin from there not long ago. And I don't think we have been to Hong Kong. Yet
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Say, thanks for the review the other day. Wow, round 72. I was going to ask you if you saw a coin from Ceylon while you were looking. I thought we had been there before. Was it before sprue joined in? I'm done on Ceylon, will start on Hong Kong.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10569 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  09:45 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-Bender B. Rodriguez
-Kurdt Kobain
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1684 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope there's no butter on that
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 414  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05