Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,279 / Views: 213,922Next Topic
Page: of 419
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
653 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He's sweating so much right now, he needs more salt.

Bottom of page 340 has the Hong Kong coins.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Edited by loonielewy
01/29/2020 10:19 am
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numista is an awesome site! Thanks loonie
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
653 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a look and chime back in. Don't go away, we need a strategy here. Do we shot gun a year, or snipe a denomination? I hate to say it, but........how do we want to go out? Guns a blazin' of course.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1911 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Numista is an awesome site! Thanks loonie
Just try to remember we don't care where the coin was minted. We care about the country of issue. loonie I say just pick one. Ps I think I know what got you sick
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it from Hong Kong?
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, is it from Hong Kong?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1911 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it from Hong Kong?
Craft we only get 20 questions and they are all used up
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Craft we only get 20 questions and they are all used up

Opps, my bad. I guess I got carried away what with everyone urging me on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I think that's it. I was not expecting so many. Evil gamemaster.

Yeah, there's only 6 Hong Kong coin types that meet the criteria for the time frame.

And only about 33 different dates. And a bunch of different mint/privy marks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
653 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's from Hong Kong, then we should go with the high mintages of the 55-68 10 cent.

Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, I'm going with a 50 cent piece.

Here's why. I looked through all my stuff and I found that I have two 50 cent coins with the same date. So the logical conclusion is that spruett would have the same coin. Right?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
653 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should we hit him with the 63,67 and 68 50 cent? I still can't stop thinking it's from Ceylon with 3 languages on it.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1911 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still can't stop thinking it's from Ceylon with 3 languages on it.
He Did say mine was a good guess
Pillar of the Community
United States
936 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked Hong Kong, for a few reasons, 1 Keith has already pointed out, we haven't been there Two: I know at least some of their coins we're minted in England. Three: I have a vague memory of a 70ish hk piece someone posted(I suspect spruett) when I found mine. Though now that I think about it their's might have been a 50 cent piece.

India is out I believe, they have their own mints.
A security edge is an indented edge usually with a design or writing to fight counterfeiting. I think it was used almost exclusively in Asia
Edited by Gincoin43
01/29/2020 1:17 pm
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I think it's from Hong Kong based on the info
Page: of 419 Previous TopicReplies: 6,279 / Views: 213,922Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05