Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 413
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For having the maple leaf as the national symbol, those Canuks sure do put a lot of pine trees on their "coins".

I'm waiting for the rotating Scotch Pine Christmas Tree with fibre optic lights and a Loonie on top.

Quote:
Joe why bother wasting your time?

Quote:
I'll guess Canadian 1/2 Oz Gold 20 Dollars "Maple Leaf" 2015 coin.

Joe and I are working together to show the new players that you need to know the questions asked before you guess or ask a duplicate ?.

joe......you knew this was silver.. Your out.

Quote:
I think they are mostly animals.

2D animals don't visit my garden. Cartoons dude...cartoons. .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"Numista is undergoing a maintenance operation. It should be back around midnight GMT. Thanks for your understanding."

Oh no, now you'll have to rely on things you already know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to guess this is a maple leaf shaped 20$ "coin" dated 2015
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh no, now you'll have to rely on things you already know.

....Lead on....our next gamemaster. Lets have a guess. No research allowed remember. You have to know this. .

Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lets have a guess.

I did guess, :p
But I probably should have asked if it was a coloured coin first
Edited by Gincoin43
02/27/2020 9:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm going to guess this is a maple leaf shaped 20$ "coin" dated 2015

No country. Your out. Does not fit Rule 7, general description. New guys... Gin and joe and I are showing you how not to do it. . Without even trying. .

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I did guess,

Not before I started that reply, then had to do something else, then came back and finished that one, posted it, then saw the others I missed then had to put out a fire in the kitchen and now I'm back. What did I miss? .

Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Guesses require a date, general name, and mintmark (if applicable). Guesses should be labeled as a guess, for example, "I guess..." or "My guess..."

Doesn't look like rule 7 requires a country, and maple leaf shaped 20$ is certainly a general name

Numista is back up and a cartwheel two pence weighs roughly 57 grams if you were wondering.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, there has to be a country. This is my interpretation here. "general description" includes the country. By rule 7, I could guess a 5 cent coin, in the correct year, without a country, and be correct. Maybe we should revise rule 7 because I don't even see denomination mentioned there.

Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The country is almost always revealed by a question. Like this round for instance. Denomination is part of the general description.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sticking to my guns. Check the last 100 guesses, and I bet they all list a country. It's to vague without it. You messed up, own it. Lots of other chances coming. .

I want to see a new guesser get it. Take one for the team..

Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You do you boo boo.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1653 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  03:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 questions left.
Is this coin round?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1653 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But I probably should have asked if it was a coloured coin first

Is this coin colorized?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
641 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this coin round?

No.

Quote:
Is this coin colorized?

No.

Quote:
You do you boo boo.

That's Gamemaster Boo Boo. .

ke3ua0kLhYA

Quote:

Wow! You guys play dirty!

Not us. . Gin and joe are collateral damage this round.

m4akn6e59TQ

Page: of 413  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05